Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Etonian scholar joins Anderlecht

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
The son of a Nigerian pastor and an NHS manager, has just done A-levels in Latin, Greek and modern history at Eton and wants to go into foreign policy or international relations if his football career doesn't work out, The Times reports.
Good lad.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Massive achievement particularly from someone who doesn’t come from a privileged background .

Can’t help but think that having a father and mother in his life with the father obviously having good values and being there to talk to his son would have contributed towards the boy’s success in some way .

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Massive achievement particularly from someone who doesn’t come from a privileged background .

Can’t help but think that having a father and mother in his life with the father obviously having good values and being there to talk to his son would have contributed towards the boy’s success in some way .
Snidey remark.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Random fact - Mike D'Abo is (or at least was) the only Pop Star to have played in an Eton vs Harrow cricket match :smile:

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Typical Daily Mail. Instead of celebrating his achievements they lead with the tagline of “nine years after crying on TV after he could only finish second”.

Nasty.
I think the point they're making is that finishing second is actually very good, so the fact that he was so upset about it shows what high standards he has for himself. If they harboured nasty attitudes towards him they probably wouldn't have published the article at all highlighting his ability and potential.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's a King's Scholar, so got there on merit with only 14 places awarded each year. Out of curiosity I just had a look at past Scholarship examination papers that are open to 13 year olds. That is some achievement.
I'd hate to be a kid turning up from a working class background at Eton. I was offered a place at a prestigious private school as a youngster. I'm so glad my parents turned it down. Especially given my experience at a cricket club at that time.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
You can squeeze a Chelsea in there too if that makes any difference! Very sensible to have a plan B but im not sure Eton and the Daily Hate are the avenue for such a story.
They can't win, can they. If they don't write the story, it'll be taken as evidence of how nasty they are, but when they do write it people are still not happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here