Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Eric Ten Hag

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hope they 'do an Everton' next season and prop up the EPL.

Don't know what I dislike the most about ManUre
-Entitled players
-Entitled fans
-Entitled club attitude
-Yank owners
-Media fawning
-Plastic fans
-Ferguson

Or all of the above jointly.

Some of their fans really are absolute cocks. Take this article on the BBC site where they have asked the views of this bloke's appointment:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61107068

There is a fan called Natalie who really seems particularly clueless.
Answering this question "What's first in his in-tray?", she not unreasonably talks about clearing out egos, show the door to those who don't play the ETH way, that sort of thing. So far so good. Next question "What are your expectations of a United side under Ten Hag?" she answers that she expects it to be "back to basics" and a focus on the academy. Again, not unreasonable.

So all pointing to being in for the long haul then. Good stuff. So when the BBC then ask "What would success look like next season?" you might expect an answer along the lines of "it doesn't really matter as long as there is a plan" or "the successful shipping out of underperforming high earners and big egos". But what does she say? "It would be great to get a trophy so if we finish fifth and win a cup I'd take that"

:facepalm:

I wonder where this reputation of entitled fans comes from. FFS.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some of their fans really are absolute cocks. Take this article on the BBC site where they have asked the views of this bloke's appointment:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61107068

There is a fan called Natalie who really seems particularly clueless.
Answering this question "What's first in his in-tray?", she not unreasonably talks about clearing out egos, show the door to those who don't play the ETH way, that sort of thing. So far so good. Next question "What are your expectations of a United side under Ten Hag?" she answers that she expects it to be "back to basics" and a focus on the academy. Again, not unreasonable.

So all pointing to being in for the long haul then. Good stuff. So when the BBC then ask "What would success look like next season?" you might expect an answer along the lines of "it doesn't really matter as long as there is a plan" or "the successful shipping out of underperforming high earners and big egos". But what does she say? "It would be great to get a trophy so if we finish fifth and win a cup I'd take that"

:facepalm:

I wonder where this reputation of entitled fans comes from. FFS.

Maybe, but a few years ago it would have been "win the title / Champions League". The fact that they are nowhere near that even in the minds of fans like Natalie is delicious.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
His first job is to get all the time wasters out of that dressing room. You remove Pogba and Lingard and they'd be better straight away.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It never rains it pours at Old Trafford, now Pogba rules out for the rest of the season and highly likely to have played his last game for the club.

:nono:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If we were only allowed to win one more match this season then I’d want it to be this one.

Apparently he’ll get £200m to spend this summer, we’ll see, no CL should make that interesting.

Paddy Power have a sketch out on Utd, it’s quite funny.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If we were only allowed to win one more match this season then I’d want it to be this one.

Apparently he’ll get £200m to spend this summer, we’ll see, no CL should make that interesting.

Paddy Power have a sketch out on Utd, it’s quite funny.

Apparently wants Rice and Kane as two marquee signings supported by another couple.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He is pretty dull and dislikable but no doubt he has done a great job with Ajax and if they give him a lot of power he could perhaps accomplish something with United.

Most likely outcome is that they wont be able to challenge City or Liverpool for two years or so and then decide to sack him just to bring in another bloke who they expect to perform magic and will later need to sack.
He doesn't have the personality of a top EPL manager he's quite introvert, a bit like potter I guess. I don't see that type of manager getting big name ego players doing anything.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
First news conference coming up in a matter of minutes, will be fascinating to hear what he has to say. SSN been building up to it for the past hour.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
The worst kept secret in football but official announcement today...

Ten Hag exclusive news

I think he will be a great success, comes with a similar calibre and attention to detail, work ethic as Klopp but will need a good strong structure behind him and strong will to get rid of the prima Donnas, to give them the success that they deserve.

Klopp would have never accepted managing Utd. Still far too many AF people around OT for him to have a real impact. The board and fans won’t leave him alone, so he will fail, it’s just a matter of when.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Klopp would have never accepted managing Utd. Still far too many AF people around OT for him to have a real impact. The board and fans won’t leave him alone, so he will fail, it’s just a matter of when.

I think they have genuinely had their time... just like Huddersfield, Preston North End, Ipswich...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think they have genuinely had their time... just like Huddersfield, Preston North End, Ipswich...

I'm sure it's not that long ago you were saying the same about Liverpool when they were drifting around not doing anything. Of course Man Utd will be back. They've had the worst season in 30 years and still finished 6th. They will always have the resources and if this manager is as good as he seems then they'll be competing for the top 4 and beyond again in no time. You're delusion if you think they'll drift away into obscurity.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Reign got off to the perfect start with a 4-0 walloping of Liverpool in Bangkok.

:ohmy:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, this bloke is not one they can push around. Either they like and believe in him or they're getting nowhere near the pitch. There will be none of the "well you cost a lot of money so I suppose I have to play you..." stuff.

Cough ...................... Cristiano Ronaldo, Harry (the captain) Maguire.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Man U doing bits, looks like they're signing Martinez from Ajax, a massively capable centre half, strong as an ox and immense pace, looks a great signing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe Ol' Red Nose arrived at Carrington to sort out the Ronaldo 'situatiion'.

If I were Haag I'd do what every other manager should have done and tell the interfering old codger to:-

"f**k off and never come back"

Pointing out it was his adled ramblings that got them into this mess in the first place.

"Shut the door on the way out".

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Man U doing bits, looks like they're signing Martinez from Ajax, a massively capable centre half, strong as an ox and immense pace, looks a great signing.

But he's even shorter than little Maty Ryan!

Will be interesting to see how he does in a more physical league. He's tough but his height is going to be a problem sometimes. I think it's a risky signing for United for big money, I'd be a lot happier with Koulibaly at Chelsea.

And 'doing bits'?! :lol: Crodo, I always thought you were a writer for the Radio Times or Daily Express on the side with your love of old TV and the Royal Family, not some kids social media, clickbait account!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Well, this bloke is not one they can push around. Either they like and believe in him or they're getting nowhere near the pitch. There will be none of the "well you cost a lot of money so I suppose I have to play you..." stuff.

Could result in quite a bit of turbulence and it will be interesting to see how the club would react to that.
Can`t stand the self important little bully,was it after watching our game he was approached by a Sky reporter for a comment on his new team and his bodyguard physically pushed him aside.Never seen a coach with a torpedo before,sorry but i already think he`s a:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here