Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Equal prize money at Wimbledon.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Alternatively make the men play best of 3 also. Its what they do in most tournaments anyway

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The brutal truth of it is people are interested in the game of men's tennis, and what the women look like. Not saying that's right, but it's a fact. And what's more, beyond all the 'girl-power' pseudo feminist bluster, they know it. Which is why you'll see the new girls on the block who have done well at this Wimbledon doing photo-shoots all year.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I know someone,who posts on here, who was offered centre-court tickets for today, and turned them down because "tennis is boring".

Fact.

Perhaps also because they would have cost around £80 a ticket. I've been for mens semi finals day and it may have been even more than that..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps also because they would have cost around £80 a ticket. I've been for mens semi finals day and it may have been even more than that..

Er, no. He wouldn't have had to pay. It was a corporate thing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Womans tennis is rubbish.

You hardly get any shocks of a random top 100 player beating someone in the top ten.

Not true, it's no different to the men game, so, who beat Venus then this year ? If anything, the mens game is more predictable with the huge serves.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I am glad Murray came out with this pearl

He also says he'd be surprised if the top seeded women would be ranked in the top 1,000 of the men's game.

thats half the scottish not on his side now as well as all the English

Come on Nadal, turn him over

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

He also says he'd be surprised if the top seeded women would be ranked in the top 1,000 of the men's game.

Why?

McEnroe asked him a question and he gave his honest answer.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Don't know about top 1000, but he's basically right. Navratilova played men sometimes and didn't do very well. And I'd be willing to bet that most brits support him these days, though you're perfectly free not to if you want.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Honest answer? I thought he (like McEnroe) was making it such an obvious joke while avoiding an honest answer, so as not to upset women's groups who might disagree about ranking outside the top 15 or top 30 or whatever.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Honest answer? I thought he (like McEnroe) was making it such an obvious joke while avoiding an honest answer, so as not to upset women's groups who might disagree about ranking outside the top 15 or top 30 or whatever.

I don't agree. McEnroe enjoyed the question and Henman tried to prevent him from asking Murray.

Murray immediately responded with his answer and then went on to discuss his match. It was perhaps a slightly sarcastic remark at womens tennis but didn't seem to me like he was joking with John.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here