Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Equal pay in tennis

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
As do professional golfers/snookerists etc. No one is forcing them to turn pro. The best get rewarded handsomely already, is my point.

Sussex's own Allison Fisher won her first World snooker title at 17, she has won over 80 national titles and 11 world titles in total and even entered the men's snooker rankings, but never progressed into the sport's upper levels. She eventually quit because she couldn't earn enough from the game despite being one of the top female players, she moved to the States and played professional pool over there instead where she has an unequaled record, winning 50 WPBA titles, which includes 4 world 9-Ball championships. Since her move, she has also been the highest-earning player on a number of occasions, which takes into account male and female players.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allison_Fisher

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Maybe the wheelchair tennis players should be paid the same?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I really hope he gets people demanding an apology, for him to come out with this:

"I'd like to apologize to women across the globe for the insensitive comment i made the other day. I failed to account for the historic oppression that women have faced, as well as their struggle to gain equal rights.

So as of today, in the spirit of true equality, i formally request that we remove gendered divisions. There should no longer be men's tennis or women's tennis; only tennis, and let skill decide the champions. Thank you."

Besides the wage gap is a huge myth in the first place.

Indeed, now that we have reached gender parity in the armed forces it strikes me that if a woman can serve on the front line with all that that would involve, playing tennis or football with the lads must be a doddle.

http://time.com/4134976/pentagon-combat-women/

Let's end gender apartheid in sports and let see genuine equality................who could disagree?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here