Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enzo Le Fee

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I agree that he is too good for Bournemouth but football doesn't work like that. Why do you think Ruben Neves is playing for Wolves? Many players are told where they are going to and have no control over it. Bournemouth signed two players from Lorient in January, one of whom (Traoré) could have aimed for a bigger club.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Lopez. I saw him play live for Sassuolo a couple of months ago and he ran midfield from a deep-lying position winning plenty of tackles and showing a good range of passing. He'd be a fine signing IMO.

Le Fee has already declined a move to Bournemouth, back in January.

His quality deserves better than the prospect of a relegation scrap. Hopefully we can get into the Europa League and that is enough to convince him that we can meet his ambitions.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Why? Some of us suffer with Raynauds, we can't all be blessed with normal sized capillaries in our fingers and toes. I'm still having to wear gloves out sometimes now, and it's touching 19 degrees. I'm sure he'd rather not be wearing them.
:)
I do apologise for any offence taken.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Reminds me very much of Foden in his playing style. Admittedly I’d never heard of him until watching that highlights video, I would still be very very excited if we signed him

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Very good player and even better prospect, but we have a horde of attacking midfield type players be they wide, central or both, returning. Think we’ll only spend big if we don’t see anyone who’s ready to step in sometime next season. Money might be better spent on other positions even if he’s a talent.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Few Twitter murmurs about our interest in this guy. Don't normally entertain this kind of thing but he's my favourite non-albion player right now. So, if you havent heard of him, for your enjoyment....

It's almost as if an AI ChatBot has created a video of De Zerbi's perfect player.
Stick him in the line-up alongside Joao Pedro, Mitoma, Enciso and Estupinian and the opposition won't know which way to turn.
Mind you, we might have a few more odd results like the 1-5 with Everton, but there will be loads more demolitions of good sides too.

You have my blessing Tony, get on and pay le fee for Le Fee.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Very good player and even better prospect, but we have a horde of attacking midfield type players be they wide, central or both, returning. Think we’ll only spend big if we don’t see anyone who’s ready to step in sometime next season. Money might be better spent on other positions even if he’s a talent.
Yeah it does feel a bit...indulgent. Le Fee is a really good defensive player. Not like Moises but very similar to Mac in terms of using his (even) smaller frame to get in the way of the player and ball. Where he excels is in his ability to get out of tight situations.

There was a moment after a recent game where Dunk was quite revealing about some of the RDZBALL tactics, he pulled the pundt up on our 'one touch play' saying something like that 'that's not actually what he wants'. The focus is on players keeping the ball, being confident in our defensive third, being able to use your body to protect the ball and beat a man.

This is where Le Fee would excel. He seems to be fearless on the ball, is an excellent passer (especially his progressive passing) but he's also exceptional at drawing players in and making fools out of opposing players. Whereas in most teams you would see him developing into an attacking 8 or 10, under RDZ he is the archetypal pivot player.

Assuming we sell Moises and Mac, we currently have Dahoud, Gilmour and Gross for those two positions with the hope that at least one of Moder, Alzate and Leonard can also get their way into the squad. So we have room IMHO. With the bonus of him stepping into the number 10 role even though I agree with a fit AL, Pedro, Welbz and probably Kacper all competing for that position it's not a priority.

The one problem we are going to have IF Moises leaves is his incredible ability at winning seemingly impossible balls in the final third and there's no doubt that starting Dahoud and Le Fee as the pivot would be incredibly exciting but mean we were even more vulnerable on the break.
If we are slavish to the data as it seems then Le Fee is unquestionably the player to replace Mac, a year younger and a third of the cost.
The reality is I suspect our analysts are focussing almost entirely on finding a Moises clone.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I hadn't heard of him prior to this thread but on the basis of one highlight video I WANT him at the Albion.

Looks like a nippier, smaller version of Gross to me. Stick him anywhere in midfield and watch the magic unfold.

How much would he actually cost? Is he even plausibly within what we would pay in terms of transfer and wages?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Yeah it does feel a bit...indulgent. Le Fee is a really good defensive player. Not like Moises but very similar to Mac in terms of using his (even) smaller frame to get in the way of the player and ball. Where he excels is in his ability to get out of tight situations.

There was a moment after a recent game where Dunk was quite revealing about some of the RDZBALL tactics, he pulled the pundt up on our 'one touch play' saying something like that 'that's not actually what he wants'. The focus is on players keeping the ball, being confident in our defensive third, being able to use your body to protect the ball and beat a man.

This is where Le Fee would excel. He seems to be fearless on the ball, is an excellent passer (especially his progressive passing) but he's also exceptional at drawing players in and making fools out of opposing players. Whereas in most teams you would see him developing into an attacking 8 or 10, under RDZ he is the archetypal pivot player.

Assuming we sell Moises and Mac, we currently have Dahoud, Gilmour and Gross for those two positions with the hope that at least one of Moder, Alzate and Leonard can also get their way into the squad. So we have room IMHO. With the bonus of him stepping into the number 10 role even though I agree with a fit AL, Pedro, Welbz and probably Kacper all competing for that position it's not a priority.

The one problem we are going to have IF Moises leaves is his incredible ability at winning seemingly impossible balls in the final third and there's no doubt that starting Dahoud and Le Fee as the pivot would be incredibly exciting but mean we were even more vulnerable on the break.
If we are slavish to the data as it seems then Le Fee is unquestionably the player to replace Mac, a year younger and a third of the cost.
The reality is I suspect our analysts are focussing almost entirely on finding a Moises clone.
Given Lyon are looking like missing out on Europe this season, I’ll question how likely would they be to losing Johann Lepenant.

We could do far worse than getting him in as a Caicedo replacement. Nearest possible replacement according to FB ref.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Given Lyon are looking like missing out on Europe this season, I’ll question how likely would they be to losing Johann Lepenant.

We could do far worse than getting him in as a Caicedo replacement. Nearest possible replacement according to FB ref.

Both. :)
If you were Newcastle, or even Spurs to be honest, you could sign both for less than one Moises or Mac. He's only 20 isn't he? They do cover a lot of similar ground so it's probably fantasy football to imagine them working in the same starting 11.
I'm starting to dispute fbref's comparisons a little. Obviously it's likely to put players in who play in teams who play a similar way to each other rather than any kind of deep analyse into things like players basic attributes and where they feature on the field, which is a big one. These two are both DLPs if you had to call them something, as is Mac. Moises is a bit unique. He's not a DM. Probably a box to box midfielder who excels both in terms of his defensive work, ESPECIALLY in our defensive third, and his progressive passing, especially further up the field.
I think you've mentioned Theate. He is in Colwill's similar player list and he is very similar (as is Dunk and Webster). Originally a wide player so he's very quick, very rangey, but has a very similar playing style. Obviously a little better atm, he's a couple of years older and has broken into the Belgian team but in terms of raw attributes, physicality, positional play they are very similar indeed. Again one of the wealthier clubs could ditch the idea of spending £50 million on Colwill and tempt Rennes with a 30-40 million pound offer.

I don't think we are quite in this market yet. This is the realms of the likes of Dortmund who, now the model is proven and the money is consistently rolling in, are starting to look at players a bit older, a bit further down the line in their progression, but I'm certain if we continue to improve these three are the sort of players we'll eventually go after.
To think you could sign all three, and have change from the sales of two players we payed a combined fee of what, under £20million? It's nuts, and shows how successful our model can be if we keep moving forwards.

This team:

Steele
Veltman Dunk Theate Pervis
Lepenet Le Fee
March Pedro Mitoma
Ferguson

With the likes of AL, Gross, Milner, Webster, Welbz and a sprinkling of our wonder kids (Enciso, Sarmiento, Adingra, Kacper) would be incredibly exciting. Unproven, and pie in the sky, but a thrilling proposal.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Few Twitter murmurs about our interest in this guy. Don't normally entertain this kind of thing but he's my favourite non-albion player right now. So, if you havent heard of him, for your enjoyment....

Who’s the Twitter murmers from though? I googled and could see one half arsed article with us mentioned alongside 3 other clubs… You’ve got me excited about the player just because you rate him so highly!

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Who’s the Twitter murmers from though? I googled and could see one half arsed article with us mentioned alongside 3 other clubs… You’ve got me excited about the player just because you rate him so highly!
I'm sorry, by the way. To you and everyone. Just hope Winstanley isn't reading this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here