Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Entitlement, Scapegoats and Blame Culture........

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
All boils down to selling Caicedo and Mac Allister and replacing them with Dahoud and Baleba.

I hope Baleba comes good but he is way off it at the moment.
would like to see him and gilmour play together for the rest of the season
Gross behind the front 3 .

We need to be building for next season and it's clear Gross and Gilmor don't give us enough protection

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
All boils down to selling Caicedo and Mac Allister and replacing them with Dahoud and Baleba.

I hope Baleba comes good but he is way off it at the moment.
Don’t forget Milner. Replacing 2 with 3.

Never mind the quality, feel the width.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know. I'm saying it's not entitlement to expect a competitive performance irregardless of the level we're currently playing at
Oh, I agree but it’s ever been thus and if you’re looking for short change you’ve come to the right place. Since 1901…

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Roma have a squad of experienced professionals playing for a good manager.

Their forward line are top class.
Ours consisted of 3 U23s and Dat Guy Welbz.

De Zerbi has done miracles with our squad,.
But his style is better suited to a quicker and more experienced squad.
I agree with all of that, but can't help drawing the comparison between the way in which most opponents set up defensively and the way that we do and drawing the conclusion that, more and more, they're exploiting the way we set up. In brief, we're way too open. The first two Fulham goals -- especially the first -- confirm that, as did Roma's first. And first goals are like gold dust in football.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don’t forget Milner. Replacing 2 with 3.

Never mind the quality, feel the width.
if we'd seen Milner installed as first choice DM, i think we'd be a lot better place. not as wingback cover, where lack of pace undermines all his other qualities.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
'Entitlement' is the latest buzz phrase to shut down anyone being disappointed, and it's ill used.

Entitlement is believing you are owed the points (or win). That opponents should lay down and give them to you just because of who you are, or what you acheived in the past.

Entitlement is not thinking 'if you have hopes to finish top/top 4/top 7/top10 there are games you look at and think you need to win (while acknowledging might not win them, and might win some of the games you're not expecting to win).

Entitlement is not watching team play badly, much worse than they usually play, much worse than they've played at their best and being disappointed with it, and critical of the performance.

Entitlement is not watching your team play really well for 95% of the game but get caught with a sucker punch/silly defensive error and thinking the loss is not deserved.

I don't know any Brighton fan who thinks we are owed wins just for who we are or what we've done in the past. There probably are some oddballs out there like that, but they're not nearly as common as you would believe listening to the insecure fan boys who try to shut down criticism or disappointment with cries of entitlement.
100% correct.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I no longer hold my nose at the likes of Silva.

We don’t do defence 2023/24, there is zero pragmatism, particularly in relation to an inferior available squad compared to a year ago. A mini case in point was Wolves at home second half, it was clear by 50 minutes that Gary O’Neil and Neto were bossing affairs, yet fck all changed.
I've always rated Silva as a manager, but as a person he's just a dishonest tosser!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
would like to see him and gilmour play together for the rest of the season
Gross behind the front 3 .

We need to be building for next season and it's clear Gross and Gilmor don't give us enough protection
Agree with the point, but not the solution.
Baleba won't be ready, he needed to be playing games in France this season. There's definitely a player in there but this season has been too much for him.

We simply need to sign a better midfielder in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here