Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Re Alzate - reasons for keeping him:

1.Propper has gone.
2.Potter doesn't appear to fancy Molumby.
3. Lallana is injury prone.
4. Caicedo probably not ready.
5. Alzate can cover a multitude of positions.
6. He is a decent player.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm struggling to see the logic of literally giving Davy Propper away for free, only to break our transfer record on another central midfielder

Because respectfully Proper wasn’t that great? He’s a bottom tier PL player and we’re trying to upgrade.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I'm struggling to see the logic of literally giving Davy Propper away for free, only to break our transfer record on another central midfielder

Because our Manager did not want him / did not see a match day squad place for him / did not believe he could adapt or contribute to the way his teams play etc.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Re Alzate - reasons for keeping him:

1.Propper has gone.
2.Potter doesn't appear to fancy Molumby.
3. Lallana is injury prone.
4. Caicedo probably not ready.
5. Alzate can cover a multitude of positions.
6. He is a decent player.

Hopefully no worries with Alzate. As you say his versatility is a huge strength. He’ll be around next season. But he has to fight for his place in the team. How it should be.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Given there are built in payments in the deal, I am struggling to understand your understanding of the word literally.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I’m assuming Biss is leaving. We don’t have another player (certainly not Davy) who could perform his role other than potentially Caceido in a few years time.

Potter likes a destroyer paired with a director/creative in the centre of midfield. We have Alzate, Lallana, Groß & perhaps Mac Allister who can do the creative part. I don’t see many destroyers in our squad.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

As [MENTION=1252]S'hampton Seagull[/MENTION] has said, the club clearly see Enock as an improvement on Davy.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
But can he shoot?

Screenshot_20210705-125411.png

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Given there are built in payments in the deal, I am struggling to understand your understanding of the word literally.

Are there? As far as I've seen reported the deal had potential bonus payments up to 2 million euros. Not even guaranteed and a pittance.

Whatever way it's spun, we let him go for (next to) nothing.

If Mwepu comes in then he's only going to be further limiting the playing time of Moder, Caicedo, Alzate, Gross, Molumby, Lallana and we'll end up with the same problem we had before of too many players in the same position.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Not sure it’s been mentioned above - his nickname is ‘the Computer’

I initially thought it was an odd turn of phrase from the Zambian writers

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Not sure it’s been mentioned above - his nickname is ‘the Computer’

I initially thought it was an odd turn of phrase from the Zambian writers

‘The Computer’ because of his intelligence in tight spaces, his passing range and his ability to play numerous roles across the midfield

Sounds very Potterball

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well the hope he is realises he needs to kick on.

Had lot of issues last season it seems and went backwards from the progress he made previously.

Only signed a 4 year deal last summer so plenty of time for him to force his way back.

Think he played well for the most part, the exception being when he was tried as LWB.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
‘The Computer’ because of his intelligence in tight spaces, his passing range and his ability to play numerous roles across the midfield

Sounds very Potterball

That is exactly the sort of player I'd expect us to be signing.

With regards to Alzate, I think he's a real player and I'm stunned how underrated he seems to be. I think he'd benefit from a loan somewhere in the Championship - play every week in a central midfield position and then he'd come back really able to kick on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here