Enlgand....enough is ENOUGH

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've just received this e-mail from a friend who now lives in Brazil and couldn't have put it more concisely myself.........

'I want to use my swear words sparingly here but all I can muster is...What a FCUKING SHAMBLES!

That was the final straw for me. I refuse to cheer this collection of (mostly) unlikeable, crassly overpaid individuals any further in this tournament. Yes I know football fans are notoriously fickle but enough is ENOUGH.

So far I found the Argentines beautiful to watch but my heart says Brasil and Brasil it is!'

Thoughts please!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I confess to having briefly willed the Algerians to score and make sure we don't have to continue watching football that just makes me mad and is not in the least bit enjoyable for more than one game. I actually hate watching England play in 90% of tournament matches.

We were outclassed tonight by a team who didn't have a cutting edge, I hate to think what a decent team will do to us.

At the moment I don't intend to watch the next game..but I know I will.

Cheeky Chappie

Sep 27, 2007
That was the final straw for me. I refuse to cheer this collection of (mostly) unlikeable, crassly overpaid individuals any further in this tournament. Yes I know football fans are notoriously fickle but enough is ENOUGH.

Hits the nail on the head..........

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've just received this e-mail from a friend who now lives in Brazil and couldn't have put it more concisely myself.........

'I want to use my swear words sparingly here but all I can muster is...What a FCUKING SHAMBLES!

So far I found the Argentines beautiful to watch but my heart says Brasil and Brasil it is!'

Thoughts please!

Spot on.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

Hits the nail on the head..........

You right there. There is not really a great connection between fans and players. Most of them are unlikeable.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Given that England look unlikely to go much further in the tournament and, like a sick animal, it might be better if we were put out of our misery earlier rather than later...who do we want to win, who deserves to, if it is someone other than England who might it be.

My vote goes to Mexico, against the French they played beautiful attacking football that had me on the edge of my seat at times. There seems to be a really good team spirit in their side and the players look like they are actually enjoying themselves, there are no big-time charlies on the pitch. I like the fact that they have an older player in the team who is maybe approaching the top of the hill but is still revered by players and fans alike. Go Mexico, you are everything that England aren't.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Does anyone on here actually think we are going to win it ?

Seriously !!

I would love us to but I know where I wouldn't be putting my money.

Lets just enjoy the world cup for what it is.... Something to pass the time during the close season.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just like supporting the Albion! Loads of frustration, interrupted by the occasional 'golden' moments!

...golden...golden...yeah, this England team are more like a golden shower!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good riddance to you then. As pissed off as I was with last night's performance I shall be watching next Wednesday. Are you as fickle when it comes to poor Albion performances or are you just another of these armchair fans!! Go back to 1986 and you will see we lost our first game to Portugal (who were a long way from being the side they are now) and drew with Morocco. We still qualified with a win in our last match.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good riddance to you then. As pissed off as I was with last night's performance I shall be watching next Wednesday. Are you as fickle when it comes to poor Albion performances or are you just another of these armchair fans!! Go back to 1986 and you will see we lost our first game to Portugal (who were a long way from being the side they are now) and drew with Morocco. We still qualified with a win in our last match.

Funnily enough I was thinking back to 86, this is very similar, lose captain play shit for two games and then pull it put of the bag at the death. It's pretty much the only straw I can see worth clutching onto at the moment.

At least the rest of the tournament is enjoyable to watch.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Funnily enough I was thinking back to 86, this is very similar, lose captain play shit for two games and then pull it put of the bag at the death. It's pretty much the only straw I can see worth clutching onto at the moment.

At least the rest of the tournament is enjoyable to watch.

It's when there aren't any straws left that we need to worry!!

Does anyone on here actually think we are going to win it ?

Seriously !!

I would love us to but I know where I wouldn't be putting my money.

Lets just enjoy the world cup for what it is.... Something to pass the time during the close season.
Win it,Win it!
these cvnts couldn't win a blister in a wanking competion!
absoloute shambles,if(and I don't think we will)we go any further in this competition we will be embarrassed.
CVNTS

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed. We're not out yet so let's save the inquest for Wednesday evening (or maybe later, you never know!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Are you as fickle when it comes to poor Albion performances or are you just another of these armchair fans!! .

No and comparing the two is laughable, one is an skint 3rd division club who have been raped, the other is allegedly the creme de la creme whee every man is on 100k plus a week. If you can shrug off a lack of basic skills and desire from players representing their country at the world's biggest tournament, you have pretty low standards.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I've still got a big Uruguayan flag... Think that might come in use very soon.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No and comparing the two is laughable, one is an skint 3rd division club who have been raped, the other is allegedly the creme de la creme whee every man is on 100k plus a week. If you can shrug off a lack of basic skills and desire from players representing their country at the world's biggest tournament, you have pretty low standards.

Disagree. My expectations for Albion games in terms of skill level is considerably below that of England. However, there have been countless times at Withdean over the last two seasons where, in my opinion and probably that of a lot of others, the team have failed to perform to their collective ability, just like England did last night.

As for shrugging off the performance last night where did that come from. I merely implied that just because England have a bad performance then, just as I don't desert the Albion on that basis, I won't do it to my national team. I don't think you can accuse them of lacking basis skills, just that last night they didn't use the skills they have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports