Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] English leader with wife called Carrie resigns (Root, obvs)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good news, he can concentrate on what he does best now...

Is Mike Brearley available?

I'd go with Roger Knight or Ian Barclay.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No loss tactically. Hopefully means we won’t see fast bowlers bowled into the ground and then into the treatment room anymore.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Time for Broad to step into the role

Mind you, we'll burn all our reviews inside the first five overs

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Surprised he cites the personal toll, off the bat, in his statement rather than the fact he just hasn’t been very good. Win win for us really. Broad should come in for a year or two, it’ll get the best out of him in the last few years of his career. We desperately need to find someone for the long run, nobody stands out.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They will have to appoint a different captain each game since Root seems to be the only one left who can guarantee his place in the side.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They will have to appoint a different captain each game since Root seems to be the only one left who can guarantee his place in the side.

I think Root was crucial in the thinking than a fresh start meant the dropping of senior players like Broad and Anderson - huge mistake.

After a long serving captain who will still be a huge presence in the dressing group room I think it has to go to someone like Broad who wouldn’t feel in the least bit intimidated by Root’s influence. Let Broad do it for a year, seem what happens. Doesn’t need to be a long term appointment at this point, in fact probably preferable it isn’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here