Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England's Plan B

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
After listening to talk sport this morning, say Wayne Rooney isn't fit for the World Cup, what would your plan B, be.

After last night's game changing performance by Theo Walcott, is he good enough to cement a place in England's front line?

Over to you NSC

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Theo Walcott, is he good enough to cement a place in England's front line

Lol, best April fools of the day (even if a bit late)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Walcott will be on the plane because he can play on the wing and up front when needed. With a 22 (or is it 23?) man squad Capello will be looking to have some players that can play in multiple positions like Milner and Gerrard have done for England.

I would still go with four strikers in addition to Walcott though.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
England's Plan B...

070207_plan_b_01_450x350.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Plan B is hoofball to the 1/4s where we suffer glorious defeat in adversity?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
did someone really say crouch and defoe up front? heheh, thats funny.

plan b is don't bother going to save embaressment.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
i think with Walcott, as he proved last night, he is best used as an impact player. He did a similar thing a few seasons ago against Liverpool in the Champions League, albeit he didn't change the game as Liverpool still went on to qualify, the player ran from near enough his own box beating players before laying it off for an easy chance to Adebayor.

I think Capello's best option is to leave the Arsenal man on the bench, an with 20-30 mins remaining, bring him on to scare the crap out of the oppositon

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
did someone really say crouch and defoe up front? heheh, thats funny.

nowt wrong with that, they'll get us through the group stage anyway. will we win it with them? unlikley, we'd need the midfield to step up more.

which we need with Rooney playing anyway. i think people are delusional if they think Rooney will carry us far, he needs decent support, some goals from midfield too and the defence to keep their concentration.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was there a plan A?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cappello announces Plan B at the final squad selection:

"When I replace Wayne, and
the man on the plane...
That's Zamora!"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much as I like BZ does anyone on here really believe he can have anywhere near the same impact as Rooney at world level?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For one day only...YES, I believe that he can and that Bobby will finish top scorer with 6 goals, 1 ahead of Torres and Messi.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I could see Bobby have some potential in the near future, but Hopefully Wayne Rooney can recover fully, mainly because he is a goalscorer. (It would be even better if he missed the rest of the season with manchester united)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here