Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't disagree with you WFP, but would probably keep Rooney, then set up the team to allow him to do what he does best...I was being generous by just naming Lump-o-lard.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't disagree with you WFP, but would probably keep Rooney, then set up the team to allow him to do what he does best...I was being generous by just naming Lump-o-lard.

This is true. I think Rooney would play so much better with more creative players alongside him a la Adam Johnson and Ashley Young. Agbonlahor may be worth a shout up top?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Do you think the likes of Terry, Lampard and Gerrard will do the usual of retiring from international football if they are left out?

That always seems to me to be a somewhat pointless statement and is often little more than a very public teddies out of pram gesture.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
everyone who was a first choice in south african bar johnson, cole, gerrard, milner, rooney

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The manager.
Revealed himself as a gormless turd when he took Heskey, then put him on the pitch v Germany. Inbetween, he had some of the most retarded tactics I've seen since McClaren....which obviously wasn't too long ago for memory

and replaced with?

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
I think we should start building for the World Cup in 2014. So, if players are going to be too old then (Gerrard, Lampard, Terry etc) then they shouldn't be picked. Get players who are hungry for the opportunity to play for England.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Drop anyone who is 30 or older. We need a side that can play at the 2014 world cup and all those that are 30 or over are unlikely to be there. I personally would risk qualification for Euro 2012 by playing a young side to give them the experiance of playing at that level and more importantly of playing TOGETHER! England have had lots of world class players for the last 8 - 10 years yet havn't had a decent TEAM for a long time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I expect there to be several withdrawals before Wednesday all with club doctors certificates. :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never mind World Cup 2014 - there's the European Nations Cup in 2012 to concentrate on first. Keep Gerrard, Rooney, Johnson and Ashley Cole (sorry! He is a bit of a turd, but he is good). Barry, Milner, Crouch, Defoe and James - and possibly Lennon - should still be in the squad, too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here