Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs South Africa 4th Test Old Trafford 4th-8th August 2017

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Cook and Haseeb Hameed to open, Root at 3, Ballance at 4, Stokes/Bairstow/Woakes at 5/6/7, Ali, TRJ (or Finn or Wood), Broad, and Anderson.
Cook
Hales
Westley
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Moeen
Woakes
Roland-Jones
Broad
Anderson

Turning wicket, replace TRJ with Rashid.

Simple.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
:lolol:

Blimey, got any Lottery Number Predictions? 180-6 :bowdown:

Tbf the nipper said last night that Mo should be opening with Jimmy today because of the pitch. I said that's never going to happen but I could see him getting five. Should have had a bet.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ballance has been recalled three times and yet he still plays too far back in his crease. He will be a liability at Brisbane and Perth.

Not at Perth. Most back footed players are at home there. Sort of place you would select an in form Surrey batsman.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Give you that one. However he gets worked out by top bowlers. Expect him to tour as he is Roots mate.

Being a back footed player is a plus when going to Australia. However, being stuck in your crease, like Ballance, is something different. It's a question on whether anyone else is better.

As for your point about how effective TRJ will be. I would always select horses for courses bowlers with pace and bounce for down under. Chris Tremlett was an example. Very good tour in 2010/11- then a back injury at Brisbane that forced him out of 2013/14 debacle. Broad did well that tour too. So I think TRJ should tour. As for the wildcard in the quick bowling pack, take a look a lot closer to home.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Being a back footed player is a plus when going to Australia. However, being stuck in your crease, like Ballance, is something different. It's a question on whether anyone else is better.

As for your point about how effective TRJ will be. I would always select horses for courses bowlers with pace and bounce for down under. Chris Tremlett was an example. Very good tour in 2010/11- then a back injury at Brisbane that forced him out of 2013/14 debacle. Broad did well that tour too. So I think TRJ should tour. As for the wildcard in the quick bowling pack, take a look a lot closer to home.

He will not be English in time.

Would expect Woakes, TRJ, Finn and one of Ball or a Curran to go.

Batsmen wise if Jennings plays the next test he probably has to start at the Gabba. Would prefer to see Stoneman start the next test with Hales at 5. Would keep Ali at 8.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He will not be English in time.

Would expect Woakes, TRJ, Finn and one of Ball or a Curran to go.

Batsmen wise if Jennings plays the next test he probably has to start at the Gabba. Would prefer to see Stoneman start the next test with Hales at 5. Would keep Ali at 8.

Shame. Still, he'll be a shoe in. He should be with Surrey by then....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here