Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He reminds me of Athers a bit.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Well well Buttler proving his worth again. Should put the conversation about his place in the team to bed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I LOVE seeing the players searching for the ball in the stands. It's so SUNDAY.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well well Buttler proving his worth again. Should put the conversation about his place in the team to bed.

I really hope not. England continue to persevere with this insane logic that a keeper has to be a batsman first. Almost cost us dear in the 1st Test. Buttler getting runs in the end did not remedy the situation.

Two decent innings doth butter no parsnips.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I really hope not. England continue to persevere with this insane logic that a keeper has to be a batsman first. Almost cost us dear in the 1st Test. Buttler getting runs in the end did not remedy the situation.

Two decent innings doth butter no parsnips.

He seems to be sorting his Test Batting technique which is great - he can play as a 5/6 batsman, Foakes WK at 7.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Buttler has one bad innings keeping in the entire summer and is labelled as a bad keeper :lolol: People are just obsessed by a Foakes. His test summer keeping was analysed by Sky at the end of the second test and it’s been good overall.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Buttler has one bad innings keeping in the entire summer and is labelled as a bad keeper :lolol: People are just obsessed by a Foakes. His test summer keeping was analysed by Sky at the end of the second test and it’s been good overall.

I've been watching the Tests regularly for a long time. Buttler's keeping has been an issue since quite some time before this summer.

If his keeping was up to the mark his batting wouldn't have caused such questioning.

See where this is going ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He seems to be sorting his Test Batting technique which is great - he can play as a 5/6 batsman, Foakes WK at 7.

He's looking good today. Good leaves. But if he was to play as a batsman (like before) you'd have to ask serious questions about what was coming through.

It would also mean promoting Pope and continuing to promote Stokes if he were to occupy one of those positions. Don't fancy that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's looking good today. Good leaves. But if he was to play as a batsman (like before) you'd have to ask serious questions about what was coming through.

It would also mean promoting Pope and continuing to promote Stokes if he were to occupy one of those positions. Don't fancy that.

What if Buttler drops another couple when in the field tomorrow though ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England were at their best when Matt Prior was coming in at 7 and taking the game away from the opposition. I think the selectors hope Buttler can do the same job. His keeping will never be as good but his test batting is getting there.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What if Buttler drops another couple when in the field tomorrow though ?

My view on Test keeping has always been the same. Play the best keeper in the land. Still the same view whether or not Buttler is in a run of form with the bat.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
My view on Test keeping has always been the same. Play the best keeper in the land. Still the same view whether or not Buttler is in a run of form with the bat.

So if someone is a 10/10 keeper but 5/10 batsman, that’s a better selection that say an 8/10 keeper & 8/10 batsman? I understand what you are saying but for me, Buttler gives the side more balance.

The argument for Foakes will never go away really as clearly he IS a better keeper than Buttler, but what Buttler can offer with the bat is good to have, he can come in at 300/4 to take the game away from a team or 55/4 and counter attack to a modicum total.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports