Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] England vs. New Zealand - RWC Semi-Final

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The question is how much did that performance take out of England.

The last 5 minutes of that match was like two punched out heavyweights slugging it out, I've never seen New Zealand nullified like that by a Northern Hemisphere team.Eddie Jones take a bow.

A week of rest ahead, one day less for Wales/SA. Either will be wrecked from tomorrow’s clash of confrontational backs and forwards.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wales have beaten South Africa a few times recently.

England v Wales would be immense. Two northern hemisphere sides. Special.
Wales v England would be a 50/50 game, I just hope South Africa win tomorrow.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Plenty of Kiwis over here in their sports bar still trying to come to terms with being comprehensively outplayed by an irresistible England.

To their credit, they were all magnanimous in defeat and wished England well for the final.

What a great game rugby is.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
How many attacking phases did nz have in our 22? I am not sure I can remember a single one. Incredible display. Genuinely one of the most amazing performances I have seen from an England team at any sport. Just mind blowing to dominate the all blacks for 80 mins. I can’t quite believe what I have just seen.

Was having that chat with a group of mates. What England performances have you seen in a major finals as good as that in any sport? We came up with vs Holland in Euro 96 and the cricket team this summer vs Oz in the semi of the WC. Couldn’t come up with any others!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Was having that chat with a group of mates. What England performances have you seen in a major finals as good as that in any sport? We came up with vs Holland in Euro 96 and the cricket team this summer vs Oz in the semi of the WC. Couldn’t come up with any others!

Football World Cup semi-finalists.
Womens Football World Cup semi-finalists.
Cricket World Cup Winners.
Rugby World Cup finalists.

Not too bad really.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The question is how much did that performance take out of England.

The last 5 minutes of that match was like two punched out heavyweights slugging it out, I've never seen New Zealand nullified like that by a Northern Hemisphere team.Eddie Jones take a bow.

Hopefully having the French game cancelled and the extra rest it afforded us will help. We'll be going into the final having played not just a game less but that game would have been against our toughest group opponents.

After smashing the aussies and then dominating from start to finish the all blacks we're going to be flying mentally and a hugely formidable proposition for whoever faces us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hopefully having the French game cancelled and the extra rest it afforded us will help. We'll be going into the final having played not just a game less but that game would have been against our toughest group opponents.

After smashing the aussies and then dominating from start to finish the all blacks we're going to be flying mentally and a hugely formidable proposition for whoever faces us.

This. If it’s Wales, they won’t have the biennial psyched-up Cardiff factor of a partizan crowd. We can beat anyone and do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Plenty of Kiwis over here in their sports bar still trying to come to terms with being comprehensively outplayed by an irresistible England.

To their credit, they were all magnanimous in defeat and wished England well for the final.

What a great game rugby is.

Steve Hansen and the NZ players were magnanimous after the loss today. Not drawn on negatives or stirring by interviewers ... instead, simply praise for England.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Steve Hansen and the NZ players were magnanimous after the loss today. Not drawn on negatives or stirring by interviewers ... instead, simply praise for England.

This is what makes rugby so special.
It's a shame football cannot follow this lead.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
A friend, who knows his rugby, and rarely criticises referees, called this before the game.
He said England's chances were 40/60 before the game, but once he saw who the ref was changed it to 10/90.

But it wasn't the ref that disallowed them. In fact, he said he thought one was a try and he was told no try.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That was a trouncing

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is what makes rugby so special.
It's a shame football cannot follow this lead.
Are all rugby teams magnanimous after losing, or is it easier for New Zealand given that they won the last two world cups? I reckon England fans and players could be fairly magnanimous if we lost the 2030 World Cup semi-final, having won the WC in 2022 and 2026.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Are all rugby teams magnanimous after losing, or is it easier for New Zealand given that they won the last two world cups? I reckon England fans and players could be fairly magnanimous if we lost the 2030 World Cup semi-final, having won the WC in 2022 and 2026.

No you are wrong.
It is part of the rugby code. the players respect each other and the officials.

At the end of EVERY rugby match each team makes a tunnel for the other team to go through to shake hands.
At amateur level, they have a drink together after the match.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No you are wrong.
About what? Firstly I asked a question, so I assume you don't mean that. Then I speculated about our fans and players after we've won 2 world cups in a row, and I'm not sure how you know for certain that they'd be sore losers.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
About what? Firstly I asked a question, so I assume you don't mean that. Then I speculated about our fans and players after we've won 2 world cups in a row, and I'm not sure how you know for certain that they'd be sore losers.

Why are there so many posters on here like a dog with a bone?
I said that the code of rugby was what it was.
That should answer your question but there you go again.

Just to confirm, the rugby world cups would be in 2023 & 2027 actually.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why are there so many posters on here like a dog with a bone?
I said that the code of rugby was what it was.
That should answer your question but there you go again.
Again? I made one post. It was a fair post.

Just to confirm, the rugby world cups would be in 2023 & 2027 actually.
Just to confirm, I was talking about the football world cups actually.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Again? I made one post. It was a fair post.

Just to confirm, I was talking about the football world cups actually.

triggar.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here