Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs India First Test - Edgbaston

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lots of negativity this morning on TMS, a losers attitude imo, yes we blew a great position yesterday BUT we’re still ahead at the moment especially with India having to bat last.

Man up Vaughan!

I loved watching Vaughan as a player but his media persona is that of a massive bell end.

He's right though. Sky pundits like to remain all chummy with with players. Vaughan not afraid to tell it how it is. Our batting has been dreadful for sometime now, but nothing appears to be changing in terms of England's mindset, tactics or selection.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd take 150 now.

If that's all we get then we'll lose.

The bottom line is that since Trott, Pietersen and Bell disappeared from the line-up in quick succession we haven't had that quality to replace them, and it is a crying shame Taylor from Notts had to retire through ill health because he looked the real deal.

When we're faced with a world class spinner on a turning wicket we're toast.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The bottom line is that since Trott, Pietersen and Bell disappeared from the line-up in quick succession we haven't had that quality to replace them, and it is a crying shame Taylor from Notts had to retire through ill health because he looked the real deal.

Yes to all three points

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

James Taylor was a massive loss to us for sure. Great fielder too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Middle order, late order, back order, none of the orders!
No, the likes of Stokes, Bairstow, Butler and Moheen (when he's playing) are all very good batsmen - but the way they play is the way you'd want them to play coming in at 250 for 4 or 5, not at 70 for 4.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The bottom line is that since Trott, Pietersen and Bell disappeared from the line-up in quick succession we haven't had that quality to replace them, and it is a crying shame Taylor from Notts had to retire through ill health because he looked the real deal..

I'd actually say that since Strauss retired, Cook hasn't returned any consistency, and therefore we've not had a reliable opening partnership for 6 years. 6 bloody years! :eek:

If you can't open the batting and get 50 on the board and get the ball to 25 overs old without losing a wicket, anyone coming in at 3 and 4 are up against it. The quality in the side has dug us out of a fair few holes, but no one appears to be practicing, being coached to open a test match. I actually think we have the quality other than opening the batting.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No, the likes of Stokes, Bairstow, Butler and Moheen (when he's playing) are all very good batsmen - but the way they play is the way you'd want them to play coming in at 250 for 4 or 5, not at 70 for 4.
Agreed.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yeah, joking aside I've just said as much above.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Woeful, and painful as an England fan.

But well done Ishant Sharma, Sussex have has nothing but praise for him. I always thought him a bit of a playboy by his looks, but he arrived early and worked his socks of for us.

Sharma 6 Overs 21runs for 3 wickets

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So much for starting on a Wednesday in the hope of two big sell out days for the 4th and 5th days.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
An absolute embarassment, send them home now. Thank god for Kohli showing them how it is done properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here