Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England vs Belgium

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Our squad generally look short on confidence and like they’re not enjoying their football at the moment. RDZ has got a lot to answer for, his demeanor recently has not helped at all IMO.
I wonder if the fringe players know what ever they do they are unlikely to shift Southgates boys.

That will put a downer on most the squad

Cole Plamer has been the most inform player outside of Kane this season, he got 15(?!?) minutes?

Braithwaite has arguably been the best performing CB this season, didn't get a sniff.

I don't think Dunk is at the level required, but what's the point when, however well you play you are not going to shift Maguire, who isn't near the required level himself, but might be his club manager in a few months.

Look at the World Cup, as soon as we had a meh result v USA in came Henderson.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Both under 23... I don't see Southgate taking a load of young centre backs. He'll know that if one of Stones/Maguire gets injured in the build up or during the tournament, then Dunk will have to step in. I think that is why Dunk got so many minutes over this break, because Southgate knows he needs the experience because there's a fairly high chance that he ends up playing some minutes in the Euros.
Southgate should have gone after the last World Cup, this is the exact thing a manager should be doing.

Taking young CBs, Southgate won't because he has no interest in the future

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Reviews are in. :( Spot the BHA fan...

“The Brighton defender Lewis Dunk has probably played himself out of the squad after errors against Brazil and Belgium.” – The Guardian

“Two games, two errors which have led to opposition goals. It's not been a great international break for the Brighton centre-back who also missed out on an assist for Bowen when VAR spotted an offside.” – Sky Sports

“It was a difficult international break for Brighton's Dunk, who made mistakes that led to goals against both Brazil and Belgium. He may now be out of contention…” – BBC Sports

“Guehi and Dunk performed well together previously and are a suitable ‘Plan B’ centre-back partnership if Stones and Maguire are rotated.” – Express

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really like Declan Rice as a player but he has a bit of the Steven Gerrard superman/captain marvel complex about him where he wants to be everywhere and do everything for the team, especially being the captain tonight. He clearly didn’t trust the defence so tried to play there as well as then being our playmaker and destroyer in midfield.
Another perfect description.
Couldn’t agree more.
By coming deep he effectively prevented Dunk and others bringing the ball out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here