Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** England versus Spain unofficial thread ****

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I went once like 3 years ago for the World cup qualifiers against Andorra and it was SO boring, nearly fell asleep. The atmosphere at Wembley is dreadful aswell..

I would agree with that, the home atmosphere is truelly woeful. I went in the away end for the Ghana friendly with Ghanaian friends and it was FANTASTIC. I think the problem is the same people going every international home friendly where it isn't anything special for them.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I gave up after the last world cup!

Until England reforms its youth policy, style of football, employs coaches rather than "managers" and radically overhaul the entire FA we are going to win F*** ALL!! FACT!!

The Tournament final next year will have either Germany or Spain in the final, maybe both!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Thats utter bollox,its only tragic if you expect to beat everyone,and thats half the problem.Why should we expect to beat everyone,we havnt been top class for years and years.If we all started to recognise us as the underdogs that we have been for ages we could start getting behind the team without ridiculous expectations.Lets face it,your not gonna 'laugh' at BHA if they lose the next game,are you?

Fair point. I don't expect anything when watching England games anymore.

I am hopeful for a decent future though as the likes of Phil Jones, Kyle Walker, Jack Wilshere, Tom Cleverley, Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck all look quite promising. Just hope they aren't put under the same expectations as the "Beckham era" group and are allowed to progress naturally without any hysteria.

Deenomite

Sep 30, 2005
I don't really care about losing, it's the manner of losing and the lack of world class players that we produce. I have had no real expectations of BHA and even if we are shit I will happily go and watch them every week. Having said that my expectations have increased with Falmer and the football that Gus has brought.

'Is it also bollox that Brighton try and play football as it should be played, whilst the England team just treat the ball like a hot potato as soon as we meet even half reasonable opposition? Ridiculous. I'll continue to laugh rather than cry thanks.'
I dont remember criticising the way that Brighton play,but they are not Barcelona,or Arsenal,or Swansea,or even Ipswich,when it comes to passing the ball.England dont actually treat the ball like a hot potato,but again,they are not spain,holland or germany,and they havnt been anywhere near that level for years.Why do you have sensible expectations for Brighton,but ridiculous expectations for England.Its your national team,get behind them or dont bother watching.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
.Why do you have sensible expectations for Brighton,but ridiculous expectations for England.Its your national team,get behind them or dont bother watching.

You obviously didn't read my original post, I haven't watched them since the World Cup. My expectations are not ridiculous maybe yours are set too low? Anyway I'm glad you get enjoyment from watching them there are plenty who don't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thats utter bollox,its only tragic if you expect to beat everyone,and thats half the problem.Why should we expect to beat everyone,we havnt been top class for years and years.If we all started to recognise us as the underdogs that we have been for ages we could start getting behind the team without ridiculous expectations.Lets face it,your not gonna 'laugh' at BHA if they lose the next game,are you?

We know England have not been top class for a few decades. Sadly though, the players still think they're world beaters and can simply turn up at tournaments, do f*** all, and win. Do you remember when the captain Rio Ferdinand said it was disappointing England came home early as a nation like ours DESERVES to do well. It's not the supporters, it's the players. We just sit back at laugh at it all.

This is happening in November. And this is going to be absolutely hilarious. Fleet footed Spain tiptoeing around England's regimented and leaden goons. There are still tickets for sale apparently, I'm tempted. I've not been to the new Wembley either.

You don't like the English do you Adolph.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Spain's 42(!) passes leading up to their first goal against Scotland.

20111012dasdasftb_12.jpg

Just look at all the places Xavi made himself available for a pass and successfully played them, all of them going forward.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The main reason for our woeful displays is that we have far too many johnny foreigners playing in the premier league.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just look at all the places Xavi made himself available for a pass and successfully played them, all of them going forward.

Could do a job? ???

Seriously though, Spain in that kind of form (and even without their strongest lineup, although the lineup last night wasn't exactly shoddy) will beat any team in the world. They're just that good.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The main reason for our woeful displays is that we have far too many johnny foreigners playing in the premier league.

Cheap cop out excuse.

The reason for our woeful displays tournament after tournament is that we didn't have the common sense years ago (and still don't seem to now) to invest properly in grass roots and youth coaching in the way that Spain and Germany have done to bring through young players taught to play the game properly, in such a way and to such a level that they could compete with the aforementioned sides and others.

Until we do so, nothing will change for us, "johnny foreigners" or not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Today's the day :wink:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This is happening in November. And this is going to be absolutely hilarious. Fleet footed Spain tiptoeing around England's regimented and leaden goons. There are still tickets for sale apparently, I'm tempted. I've not been to the new Wembley either.

Stuffed em 3-0 at Villa Park only 10 years ago & guess what, i snaffled the very last gorgeous chicken balti pie on sale, all gone 45 mins before kick off...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

NSC Gold! Got to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here