Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** England versus Spain unofficial thread ****

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is happening in November. And this is going to be absolutely hilarious. Fleet footed Spain tiptoeing around England's regimented and leaden goons. There are still tickets for sale apparently, I'm tempted. I've not been to the new Wembley either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sure if you trawled NSC, you'd probably find that perseus had already started an official match thread for this one, what with the game only 6 weeks away.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
This is happening in November. And this is going to be absolutely hilarious. Fleet footed Spain tiptoeing around England's regimented and leaden goons. There are still tickets for sale apparently, I'm tempted. I've not been to the new Wembley either.

There are probably tickets still available owing to the fact they haven't actually gone on general sale yet

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1st England game since the World Cup that I'll bother to watch I think. Have we moved on from the shambles of South Africa? I know we've qualified magnificently beating minnows all over the place, but have we actually learnt anything from that fiasco in Africa?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Im sure spain will win but i do like Capellos comments about trying news things upto to the Euros, even has said if the new strikers prove themselves then Rooney is not guaranteed a starting place at the Euros next year

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It's the sort of game England will win 1-0 and then be lorded as the dead certs for winning the Euros next summer

Just what I was thinking. We will win this with a penalty then everyone will 'start to believe' in the boys! Tragic.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Spain do tend to lose quite a few friendlies, they always win when it counts. We might win this game but we'll blow it when it counts...if we follow our usual trend.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why will it be hilarious? Do you hate your own nation that much?

Probably because watching England against decent opposition you'd have to cry if you didn't laugh?

I used to get so wound up watching them that I stopped watching unless it was a big game and now I just expect us to be shit, and accept it. Now THAT is tragic :down:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hopefully all the highly paid world class players we have in the England squad will have watched and learned from the masterclass given last night in the Scotland-Spain game.

Look! did you see Naismith beat Puyol in the air! Give it to Terry and he lump it to Crouchy with Rooney feeding off the scraps!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The spain reserves would beat us,its so sad that nobody ever knows what englands starting 11 will be,far to many average players.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.

I went once like 3 years ago for the World cup qualifiers against Andorra and it was SO boring, nearly fell asleep. The atmosphere at Wembley is dreadful aswell..

Deenomite

Sep 30, 2005
Probably because watching England against decent opposition you'd have to cry if you didn't laugh?

I used to get so wound up watching them that I stopped watching unless it was a big game and now I just expect us to be shit, and accept it. Now THAT is tragic :down:
Thats utter bollox,its only tragic if you expect to beat everyone,and thats half the problem.Why should we expect to beat everyone,we havnt been top class for years and years.If we all started to recognise us as the underdogs that we have been for ages we could start getting behind the team without ridiculous expectations.Lets face it,your not gonna 'laugh' at BHA if they lose the next game,are you?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would happily take a bet now that we won't lose.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Thats utter bollox,its only tragic if you expect to beat everyone,and thats half the problem.Why should we expect to beat everyone,we havnt been top class for years and years.If we all started to recognise us as the underdogs that we have been for ages we could start getting behind the team without ridiculous expectations.Lets face it,your not gonna 'laugh' at BHA if they lose the next game,are you?

I don't really care about losing, it's the manner of losing and the lack of world class players that we produce. I have had no real expectations of BHA and even if we are shit I will happily go and watch them every week. Having said that my expectations have increased with Falmer and the football that Gus has brought.

Is it also bollox that Brighton try and play football as it should be played, whilst the England team just treat the ball like a hot potato as soon as we meet even half reasonable opposition? Ridiculous. I'll continue to laugh rather than cry thanks.

Given the number of footballers we have in this country we should be better than we are, but that is another kettle of fish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here