Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England V Wales

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
How does Phillips even get close to playing? Has barely kicked a ball all season.
England have played well, I hope they can grab another couple.

Bit of a delayed question and may have been answered already, but when did the ruling come in regarding extra subs if a suspected concussion sub is made? I've not heard of that before.
Fulham and Worthing's Harrison Reed should be there instead.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Flossy, Dolly, Shaun, Baa Baa Black and Larry the Lamb - your boys took one HELL of a bleating!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Managed the game well tbf. Wales offered nothing first half, we kept it nice and tight, then upped it second half. All that was needed really. Wales is a tiny nation yes but I'm surprised with just how poor they've been this tournament.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Maybe taken the wrong way, apologies.

Never noticed it before.
Surely it gives the advantage to the other team? Your player is forced off so you have to make a sub, the opposition get a free sub they can take whenever they like.
Or am I misunderstanding it, almost like the forced sub didn't happen?
The concussion subs are in addition to the ‘usual subs’ aren’t they - so no one disadvantaged?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let’s hope Southgate keeps with Foden, he won’t like it that the rest of the country were spot on and he was wrong
But then Sterling and Saka were superb against Iran, who are a better side than Wales. So, swings and roundabouts really innit?

My concern is more with the lack of attacking intent Mount gives for an AM.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was Rashford’s second goal the best of the tournament so far 👏
But then Sterling and Saka were superb against Iran, who are a better side than Wales. So, swings and roundabouts really innit?

My concern is more with the lack of attacking intent Mount gives for an AM.
Don’t play Mount and be unconcerned.

Foden should start every game.

The more deep lying Henderson and Rice worked well, in latter stages against the US and tonight. Maguire and Stones need that protection and control of the ball against teams far better than Wales.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
But, but... Wales had loads of players injured, USA deserved to beat us and Iran had a mare against us. We lucked out to get out of this group.

IF we get past Senegal, we'll still go out to France at the quarter finals anyway.

Gormless Gareth out, the Palarse dullard!

:wink:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Topped the group, scored 9, conceded 2. Good going and we have a very strong bench if needed. Happy with that

A lot of Wales fans really unhappy about Bale performance this tournament

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, 7 points, top of the group, 9 goals scored, 2 clean sheets, no defeats, through to the round of 16.

In a World Cup where many big guns have struggled, you can’t argue with that. So far, so good.
Cough ! We have played a divided Iran team, a US team that has no talent and, Wales. If we don't trip up against Senegal next round we will get pasted the next.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But, but... Wales had loads of players injured, USA deserved to beat us and Iran had a mare against us. We lucked out to get out of this group.

IF we get past Senegal, we'll still go out to France at the quarter finals anyway.

Gormless Gareth out, the Palarse dullard!

:wink:

Cough ! We have played a divided Iran team, a US team that has no talent and, Wales. If we don't trip up against Senegal next round we will get pasted the next.
... or somewhere in between these simplified versions.

You've played three decent teams and done well. You should beat all of them in 8 out of 10 games however so it really doesn't say much about how things will end up, similar to how the Netherlands winning their group doesn't tell a lot about how far they'll go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here