Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***England v South Arfica, 3rd ODI, The Oval, 31-08-2012***

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Great bowling spell from him, really helped haul them back. A proper 3 dimensional modern cricketer.

It's not that he's not capable of playing good cricket, just that he doesn't sustain it. He has had matches here and there with AWESOME bowling figures and he has also scored hundreds. He just doesn't seem to perform consistently well enough to justify his place (after numerous chances).

I'd love him to sort it out as I think (when in form), he's great to watch and he is also a useful medium-pacer. It just seems that he hasn't quite got the mental resilience / focus required for the very top level of sport

wag chaser

Feb 18, 2009
Cannot believe that Bairstow, who is clearly a man in form, is not playing instead of Bopara.
Bopara seems to have more comebacks than Frank Sinatra and personally only gets in because
of his essex connection ( Gooch Flower Cook )who obviously have a big say on team selection.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That was an unplayable spell by Jimmy. As the great Fred Trueman would have said on jaffa's to tail enders "that ball were wasted on ye lad!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here