Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Pakistan 4th ODI

Ban Pakistan for 1 year

I wouldn't ban the team - it looks likely now that they will take a 'rest' from the international game, as I can't see anyone actually wanting to play them, so let them reap what they have sown without having anyone else to blame it on.

However, I would have immediately cancelled these last two games; they are bound to be damp squibs anyway, and no-one wants to play them, no-one wants to watch them. After all of the support that the ECB and Giles Clarke (in particular) have given the PCB, I can't believe this is how it has been repaid.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If Ijaz Butt provides no evidence, he should be punished for bringing the game into disrepute.

However I am sure TMS have said he sits on the ICC board and has a lot of support if it goes to a vote.

Sounds like the England team really did not want to play a side whos head is making what appear to be playground type slurs.

His argument on 5live this morning was that he never said the England players threw the game, it was the bookies that said it and he was passing the info on. Was quite a funny interview as he wouldn't let the presenter speak and just kept rambling on.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I wouldn't ban the team - it looks likely now that they will take a 'rest' from the international game, as I can't see anyone actually wanting to play them, so let them reap what they have sown without having anyone else to blame it on.

South Africa have said they will still play them in the next month or so haven't they?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
His argument on 5live this morning was that he never said the England players threw the game, it was the bookies that said it and he was passing the info on. Was quite a funny interview as he wouldn't let the presenter speak and just kept rambling on.

I wonder how he knows these 'bookies' and whether he thought to pass this information on to his mates in the ICC and Police/Interpol, rather than say it out loud to the media first. It feels like he is trying to get at our press but upseting his hosts in the process, especially the ECB who have helped out the PCB who were in a fix prior to this.

Both Pakistan batsman have struck sixs

41 for 0 off 10 overs

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
TMS saying Trott been involved in an incident with Riaz of Pakistan at the nursery end before/after this game/ a game, stating he had him by the throat..

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I can sort of understand that he was trying to deflect some of the heat away from the Pakistan team, but he really has shot himself in the foot by accusing England with no proof whatsoever. He has dug himself a much deeper hole now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Butt yesterday:

"There is loud and clear talk in bookie circles that some English players were paid enormous amounts of money to lose the match. No wonder there was total collapse of the English side."

Butt today:

"The bookies have been talking about it and we will investigate the matter and come up with whatever proof we can provide. The total statement I made categorically explained that the bookies are saying this. I am not saying this."

Backtrack backtrack backtrack.
I wish you and your cheating bunch of weasel players would just f*** off home now.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
265/7

42 off the last 2 overs :eek:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Since when have England ever allowed 42 off 2 overs. Something fishy going on?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Something fishy going on anyway I think, how does a complete toilet of a team turn from jokers to competitive overnight? Perhaps I'm just being over cynical. Hmmmmm...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
should never of dropped Wrighty :angry:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Pakistan win by 38 runs

Wednesday will be pretty TASTY at The Rose Bowl

My bookie in Lahore told me this would happen,and that England win by 2 wickets in the next game,unless the rival bookie in Karachi actually HAS bought a day of rain from Allah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here