[Football] England v Malta official match thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Kane ‘won’ a penalty there no doubt. Clever forward play and appalling decision.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes, sorry about that.

England to romp their way to the Euros with a tactical genius at the helm who's sought after by every Premier League chairman.

*removes tongue from cheek*
But we're 1-0 at Wembley against Malta. That's amazing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Southgate is such a dullard

Chance to give Mitchell a go at Lb, plays a CB
Palmer should start ahead of Rashford
f***ing Henderson stinking the place out as well

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not normally a fan of that xG bollocks but as it fits my hatred of that buffoon Southgate, England are losing a game on xG to Malta, at home.

Not a shot on target at home to Malta ffs.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
From watching Brighton to this, it makes my eyes hurt.
Shows the difference a good manager can make. They look lost, absolutely no gameplan.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Which is still a pen.... the keeper came flying out

Kane had control of the ball
Checked by var, not a clear and obvious error by the ref. If kane had decided to actually play football and not worm hunting, he probably could have put his skill and speed to use, but as I said, we see it differently

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So at half-time, England are 1-0 up at home against the 171st ranked team.

Footballing behemoths currently ranked above Malta include Fiji, Cuba, Vanuatu, South Sudan and St Lucia.

The biggest cheer was when a paper aeroplane landed on the pitch.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Dreadful first half. There's no invention from England. I could go on, but what's the point?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Checked by var, not a clear and obvious error by the ref. If kane had decided to actually play football and not worm hunting, he probably could have put his skill and speed to use, but as I said, we see it differently
If I kick the ball in front of me and leave my foot there and someone boots my ankle off because I didn’t move it, it’s still a foul, it’s not on the player with the ball to avoid contact.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Going against the grain, that was a contrived and unnatural collision, glad it was called a non-pen. That type of winning a pen crept in over recent years, some call it an art form, I call it cheating.

Admittedly and sadly, that’s a pen 90% of the time in the PL, unless we’re the attacker.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The Premier League produces the fastest, best, most intense football in the world (as long as Palace aren't involved).

Why can't we reproduce that intensity at international level?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports