Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Lithuania

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is Kanes goal the fastest ever for an England debut?
Probably, I think that the fastest goal in a match was Bryan Robson's goal against France after 26 seconds. But that was not on debut.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everything about tonight was great but Andy Townsend outdid himself by giving MOM to Welbeck. What I saw was two pathetic penalty area dives, a few scuffed shots and a dodgy goal that the keeper had covered until the defender stuck his arse in the way.

MOM for me was Rooney but Sterling showed some real class tonight too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Everything about tonight was great but Andy Townsend outdid himself by giving MOM to Welbeck. What I saw was two pathetic penalty area dives, a few scuffed shots and a dodgy goal that the keeper had covered until the defender stuck his arse in the way.

MOM for me was Rooney but Sterling showed some real class tonight too.

Agreed. Clueless.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Just back from this- bang average stuff.
But here's a question that I'm sure one of you will have the answer to- why do the fifth/sixth officials stand behind the goal line on the same side of the pitch as the linesman running that end of the pitch?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What I hate about modern football:

Rooney became the first England player since June 2010 to hit the woodwork twice in the same match. (from BBC)

****ing stats.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Internationally speaking we have a woeful defence, bang average midfield, and improving forward line. The inclusion of players like Jones, Delph, Wellbeck and Baines is depressing
Yep. Delph's especially in the first half was truly woeful, how an international can give the ball away that often. And while in not fan of tippy tappy football, it is okay to retain possession every once in a while rather than go long or pinging it in to an isolated Rooney. Love watching England, but that was woeful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here