Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v India

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
England doing their best to chuck it away, but I'm not sure they haven't left it too late.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well we nearly managed to screw that up. Quite fitting we win on a no ball :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Excellent performance by England, hammering the One Day experts, India by three wickets. Best lump on now, the World Cup is as good as ours and The Ashes soon after :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A really worrying tactical performance from England with the bat. Only Bell could claim to have been completely done by the pitch, all the other wickets were gifts, airy attempts at risky shots when risks didn't need to be taken.

Fair play to Taylor and Buttler, but even they got out stupidly before the job was done. Chase most of the total down by running singles or ground strokes, then both get out going high. Perhaps you can't blame them after a superb partnership, but still ridiculous they both went like that.

Got the job done I suppose.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A really worrying tactical performance from England with the bat. Only Bell could claim to have been completely done by the pitch, all the other wickets were gifts, airy attempts at risky shots when risks didn't need to be taken.

Fair play to Taylor and Buttler, but even they got out stupidly before the job was done. Chase most of the total down by running singles or ground strokes, then both get out going high. Perhaps you can't blame them after a superb partnership, but still ridiculous they both went like that.

Got the job done I suppose.

We are unique in our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. If this match had been between Australia and England and the Aussies had to "chase down " 201 to win, where would the smart money go ? Half the Aussie team would probably have a shower and be in their civvies doing the crossword even before their innings commenced. We lack grit,intelligence and leadership I'm afraid to say.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Just got home from the game.Both sides batted poorly on a 240,250 pitch.Only Taylor and Butler to praise.Root,Bopara and Morgan out to awful shots.I would also add Morgans captaincy looked very ordinary in the field,he didn't appear to have a grip on events at all.On the evidence of today's game neither side have a hope in World Cup.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
England will have to beat Afghanistan, Scotland and Bangladesh to qualify for the quarters

Can't see them getting any change out of Australia or New Zealand. They are unlikely to beat Sri Lanka (though Sri Lanka have just had a tough time in New Zealand.)

They'll lose to South Africa or Pakistan in the quarters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here