Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** England v India *** 2nd Spicy Test at Lords 17th -21st SS2 11am

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The whole body language of the captain and team is defeatist. He is in the last chance saloon and instead of coming out fighting he is on the back foot, and that attitude is spreading through the team now.

Will be amazed if we do it today, even though we have the ability, I just think the mindset is totally wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Root, Moen,Prior Broad are all capable of scoring 100 just needs one or two to stay with them. If we could get through to lunch without losing a wicket we would be looking good and that must be our aim

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Root, Moen,Prior Broad are all capable of scoring 100 just needs one or two to stay with them. If we could get through to lunch without losing a wicket we would be looking good and that must be our aim

Oh well f**king done! :nono:

I give it five minutes before we're at least one down.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Highly unlikely they are on a 5th day surface. If we last until tea I'll be surprised.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

There is a reason why in HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of previous Tests at Lords, in over a CENTURY, a fourth innings target of this size has been succesfully reached ONCE.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
From the BBC text update:"Joe Root, dare I say it, looks in fairly decent nick today"

FFS, were definitely loose.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
35 runs in the first hour - no wickets. First mini-session goes to England.

140-4

Slight drizzle... I hope that isn't going to rob England :nono:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There is a reason why in HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of previous Tests at Lords, in over a CENTURY, a fourth innings target of this size has been succesfully reached ONCE.

England have played a total of 127 test matches at Lords since their first in 1884.

Interestingly, there have been some very high unsuccessful run chases at Lords e.g. Australia got 406 chasing 522 in 2009. So while statistically it would seem unlikely, actually many matches don't even reach the point of having a run chase that can be achieved, either the total being too high and you're batting for a draw, or the score low that it's easily achieved.

The actual sample rate for this statistic is really quite small.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Magnificent from these two, they're showing Cook, Bell and Prior how it should be done.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Last ball before lunch :nono:

Sharma bangs it in... Moeen Ali ducks away and pops it up to short leg off the glove.

WOW what a session - and just what India needed from the last ball.

England 173-5 (146 needed)

Root 52*

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Very unlikely still. These 2 needed to get within a hundred for us to have a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here