England v Germany (and then v Holland)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The points I quoted were in The Star and the biggest selling paper The Sun, which I buy because I like their sudokos and The Sun did have striker but sadly no more for a while. I do not buy a paper to read their interpretation on the news which is all biased to suit their agenda but make exceptions on sport as in the main I can see it live or on TV and form my own opinion.

Perhaps you should try telling their 1.9m daily purchasers not the number of readers, how superior you are by not reading it, as it is a comic.

Thought you only bought it for the Sudoku [emoji3]

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pathetic from Milner again

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hodgson managing expectations. When your normal weak link captain is not available, pick a different one.

I'm not normally a Milner hater, I get why he is in the squad. However, he has been truly awful tonight.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There isn't blue in the Italian flag nor orange in the Dutch flag ... Our badge however ...
This has been done before a few times on NSC, but Italy play in blue because it is the colour of the royal house of Savoy, and is retained as a tribute to the Italian monarchy.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This has been done before a few times on NSC, but Italy play in blue because it is the colour of the royal house of Savoy, and is retained as a tribute to the Italian monarchy.

Are you saying that countries pick colours based on tradition rather than the colours of their flag? :rolleyes:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm pleased that Hodgson is giving chances to a few of the younger players. The old guard have failed year after year, tournament after tournament. I hope he's brave with his selection for the Euro's and opens his eyes to where our strengths lie, not just sticking with the tried and tested (and failed).

The first half of this game looked a bit like a training match, understandable given the time of year.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Good goal from England. Poor first half but can't complain. I like Barclay but looks half the player that Deli Ali is at the moment. Let's hope that goal gives them the confidence to push on in the second half

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously Jamie Vardy looks like a proper player. How long do you think he'll be at Leicester? I hope he stays there for next season at the very least and I guess if he has another season like this one, Real Madrid will come calling...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
England this evening

Just got sent this very true!!
bab7736465444c21e0b582bc758225b8.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Obviously Jamie Vardy looks like a proper player. How long do you think he'll be at Leicester? I hope he stays there for next season at the very least and I guess if he has another season like this one, Real Madrid will come calling...

Not so fast. The world's biggest club are still trying to raise the funds to buy Jonny Williams. If they do manage to pull together the last couple of hundred million quid required to pull off that particular transfer coup, you'd think they'd need to sit out of the transfer market for a few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports