Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Germany (and then v Holland)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't believe BG is quoting the reports and player scores in the red tops as some kind of backup to his argument, just because a few million still buy those comics for the pictures and Dear Dierdrie. Try reading some more in-depth reports from Henry Winter, Paul Hayward, Martin Samuel or our very own Nick Szczepanik for some proper decent analysis.

And regardless of who is writing the report, I'd take the player ratings with a VERY large pinch of salt. Anyone scoring 22+ players out of 10 within a few minutes of the finish is likely to have some highly debatable blind spots. We can all pick out who's had a great game and who's had a complete stinker, but anything in between is going to be HIGHLY subjective.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The points I quoted were in The Star and the biggest selling paper The Sun, which I buy because I like their sudokos and The Sun did have striker but sadly no more for a while. I do not buy a paper to read their interpretation on the news which is all biased to suit their agenda but make exceptions on sport as in the main I can see it live or on TV and form my own opinion.
I thought the Sun had toned down its page three - didn't realise the birds there still got their sudokus out!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not seen the team yet but dont hold much hope if Sturridge and Milner are in the team as I dont rate either but apparently PSG going to offer £50m for Sturridge in the summer.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Normal service resumed tomorrow just been announced Milner starts as captain!!

I know I must be wrong as countless managers have picked him at the highest level but I wouldn't pick Milner for a pub team. Can't cross, has no pace, can't tackle and can't pass. He is just the definition of **** average and how he has the number of England caps that he has amazes me.

I know we want a blend of experience and youth but I think we must have better

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm sure it's been said elsewhere but that kit is hideous...

I wonder what people would say if this shirt had come out now, rather than when it did in 1980

image.jpeg

It's so often revered as a classic, but with the criticism this new one is getting, I guess the Admiral one would have been equally lampooned at that time.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
No pace or width. If you play two up front you need some pace out wide to give the strikers some room and opportunity to get a shot away. We look really ponderous and the strikers are having to come deep to find the ball. That's the last thing you want Sturridge and Vardy to be doing as their threat is when running at the defence not back to goal

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I know I must be wrong as countless managers have picked him at the highest level but I wouldn't pick Milner for a pub team. Can't cross, has no pace, can't tackle and can't pass. He is just the definition of **** average and how he has the number of England caps that he has amazes me.

I know we want a blend of experience and youth but I think we must have better

Whenever Milner is mentioned the next player is a Dutch one. Not sure he's passed to a team mate yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here