Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Germany (and then v Holland)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But what Hodgson will do is when the boring players like Oxo cube, Rooney, Wiltshire, sturridge, walcott, Milner and Sterling he will play them.
But why when we come from 2-0 down away to Germany and since had Dier, Ali, Barkley, Kane and Vardy we havent given them a sniff and we looked sooo dangerous.
Play this new team Hodgson, these players are young and eager and want to win, way better than the old average cocky players named at beginning.

Always maintained that Hodgson is the perfect fit for England at this time. His record with young teams has always been consistent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
An enthralling international friendly, a great England performance, some superb goals and an away win against the Bosh. What's not to like?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Don't worry folks.

I'm sure the man of the hour will surface soon enough.

I'm even more sure that, as usual, he didn't get anything wrong and has in fact been right all along.

Think youre spot on. Im expecting "i know what I said but thats not what I meant by it"

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I don't see where any direct quotes where he has said Wilshere is guaranteed a place. Merely that he is in contention if fit. He admits he would have to leave one of Dier, Wilshere and Drinkwater out if they are all fit.

I don't know if this is the original source but there's a video on this link where you can listen to what he says.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...shere-Arsenal-star-fails-play-end-season.html

It sounds very much like he wants to pick Wilshere regardless, but let's not go around spreading falsehoods as to what he actually said. There's too much of that in the world.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think youre spot on. Im expecting "i know what I said but thats not what I meant by it"
I'm going for:-

"Well that only worked when Roy played the team I would have started with".

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Kane and Vardy worked well together. I hope Hodgson goes with those two up front.

I'm coming round to that. I've been firmly in the Rooney camp. Although I would still take him with those two.

I like Kane because he is a classic English striker in the Lineker mold. And they always score goals. I don't know much about Vardy, except that he is in a halcyon era.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't see where any direct quotes where he has said Wilshere is guaranteed a place. Merely that he is in contention if fit. He admits he would have to leave one of Dier, Wilshere and Drinkwater out if they are all fit.

I don't know if this is the original source but there's a video on this link where you can listen to what he says.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...shere-Arsenal-star-fails-play-end-season.html

It sounds very much like he wants to pick Wilshere regardless, but let's not go around spreading falsehoods as to what he actually said. There's too much of that in the world.
Thank you for posting this, I expect Rooney to wander in to the squad come what may but I doubt Wilshere could wander anywhere, even if he wanted to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like Kane because he is a classic English striker in the Lineker mold.
Lineker was an amazing finisher. Is it just my old head going soft, or is Kane better at taking on players and creating chances?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Everybody getting excited, like this would happen in a world cup quarter final.

Germany only play well when it matters. Republic of Ireland beat them recently.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very poor and untried England team tonight

Butland
Clyne.. Smalling....Cahill,.... Rose
Henderson...Dier
Wellbeck....Alli...Lallana
Kane​

Absolute gold from you BG! But I'm surprised you were quite so negative about a team fielding no less than 4 (four) players from your beloved Spurs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here