Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Germany (and then v Holland)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Who's Eric Dier ? Shows how much I watch First Division football these days.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
We need to play Dier, Ali, Kane and Vardy, these need to be the first players on the team sheet, even Barkley
Good game but we i think now very weak in central defence but this team is giving more confidence for tournament, and a lot of people was saying how we werent getting English talent playing, then all of a sudden we look in a better shape than have for years.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We need to play Dier, Ali, Kane and Vardy, these need to be the first players on the team sheet, even Barkley
Good game but we i think now very weak in central defence but this team is giving more confidence for tournament, and a lot of people was saying how we werent getting English talent playing, then all of a sudden we look in a better shape than have for years.

This^ all day long. Very exciting to watch going forward and always willing to defend from the front too and get a foot in.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It won't.

He's already said Rooney and Wilshire are going if fit.
Rooney isn't a great surprise but when did he say that about Wilshere?

Surely it would be borderline impossible to justify it when he's played sod all football (I think) this season and you've got an 'undercard' of players who are actually deserving of it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've always been pessimistic about the England national team, but this is the first time I've genuinely enjoyed watching them play.
Entertaining, attacking football.

I'd even consider buying an England shirt if they weren't so hideous.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I'd given up getting excited watching England play, but after tonight how refreshing seeing the team play without fear. I know it's only a friendly.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
when did he say that about Wilshere?

Surely it would be borderline impossible to justify it when he's played sod all football (I think) this season and you've got an 'undercard' of players who are actually deserving of it.

Last week Roy said he'd take Wilshere even if he hasn't kicked a ball for Arsenal :(

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Ive not watched a friendly for ages. Id like to thank BG for encouraging me to do so with his dismissal of the line ups chances before a ball was kicked

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
One thing I will say about Hodgson, he does like quick one touch football coupled with a high work rate wherever possible. His Fulham team played that way superbly in Europe a few seasons back.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here