Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Germany (and then v Holland)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
More interested in the U21s in Switzerland (Euro Champ U21 qualifier) just about to start

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Looking forward to it anyway, England v Germany is always special, even when there's nothing officially at stake.

Oh, and for all the traitors and ISIS sympathisers who always pop up on international nights saying that they don't give a shit about England - take your drivel elsewhere.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Looking forward to it anyway, England v Germany is always special, even when there's nothing officially at stake.

Oh, and for all the traitors and ISIS sympathisers who always pop up on international nights saying that they don't give a shit about England - take your drivel elsewhere.

These two games feel slightly different to the normal rubbish as a tournament is months away

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
It was the British and World Marbles Championship at The Greyhound, Tinsley Green yesterday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_World_Marbles_Championship

I'm not sure who won, but Germany (1st MC Erzgebirge) were the winners in 2014 and 2015 beating England in both finals.

Even if the defeats were due to poor and untried England teams, tonight's all about payback.

At our school, if it was 'tipsies' and a dispute, then the alleged marble could only be won via 'bombsies' where you had to drop yours from a couple of feet directly on to the object sphere. Am I going mad?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I so hope we go out in the group stages. Refusing to play players based on merit SHOULD get us annihilated. It won't because we'll play too negative to get truly battered but we should on principle.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I understand why people are questioning Lallana and Henderson as they've not had great seasons at all but Welbeck has been superb since his return and his record for England is excellent.

I would swap Lallana and Henderson for Drinkwater and Vardy and then be very happy with that side.

It does worry me that Roy is going to bring Wilshere and Rooney straight back in when fit. It will seem like a massive step backwards.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
England can go out of the EU and the Euros in the same week !

A dodgy linesman could swing it :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I understand why people are questioning Lallana and Henderson as they've not had great seasons at all but Welbeck has been superb since his return and his record for England is excellent.

I would swap Lallana and Henderson for Drinkwater and Vardy and then be very happy with that side.

It does worry me that Roy is going to bring Wilshere and Rooney straight back in when fit. It will seem like a massive step backwards.

He will.

Vardy and Kane could score 60 goals each and still be dropped.

We never learn and wonder why we never improve.

After his comments today and about Grant Holt he needs to go

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shouldn't comments on this team and the England squad be tampered until Tuesday starting 11 is announced?

Or is that asking too much.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Agreed. Plus, I just don't get it with Wilshere. One of the most over rated players going. Bound to be injured or get himself injured at any rate... he's king of the over stretching rash tackle, at least if you rule Bryan Robson out of that shortlist.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Shouldn't comments on this team and the England squad be tampered until Tuesday starting 11 is announced?

Or is that asking too much.

No, because he'll play a weak 11 and include a few players like Vardy and DD in a weird formation, get beat by Holland and then say that they don't seem ready for international football and never play them again and it's a job well done.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I bet Leicester are delighted the Spurs players are exposed to potential for injury rather than their players. I feel the same :)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Totally agree, don't see what value at all is gained from playing Henderson and Lallana ahead of Vardy and Drinkwater. He knows what the former can do, and neither have had great seasons. I hope the latter will both get a start in the other friendly

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I so hope we go out in the group stages. Refusing to play players based on merit SHOULD get us annihilated. It won't because we'll play too negative to get truly battered but we should on principle.

Hang on, we play these major championships (the Euros and the World Cup) every two years IF we qualify. Right now the Euros are the biggest tournament we can be involved in. Yet an England fan (the use of "we" suggests you are) wants us to go out as early as possible so that we can do what exactly? Learn our lesson for the sure-to-be-bent World Cup of 2018?

I want us to win the f***ing thing and I don't care if he recalls Steven Gerrard if we do.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
U21 Euro Champ qualifier

Switzerland 0-1 England (Akpom, 47)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My daughter was born a couple of hours after the 5-1 win. That was quite a night for me.

Come on England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here