England V Croatia wednesday week

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If Russia do the business in Israel, what do you recon to the following:

1. Will McClaren put out a full England team against Croatia, or do you think he will play some of the youngsters?

2. What will be the reaction of the crowd to the management and the team? I was thinking about the reaction we got in Andorra(?) when McClaren and the team was abused terribly.

3. What will be the crowd for the game?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hopefully, if we are mathematically out, he will have resigned by then.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
1) Who knows
2) It will be abuse tastic. I certainly will be, I didn't in Andorra, I did in Croatia but i defo will next Wednesday if we don't / can't qualify.
3) 75k i reckon.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I reckon that if he doesn't resign the FA will keep him on. Looking at the long view so to speak. So thats us f***ed for a while.

Yup and let him f*** up the World cup Qualis too

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I can't see him resigning to be honest, and I can't see the FA kicking him out, they are just too weak.

If we are mathematically out before the match, I'm sure there will be extreme pressure from players league managers not to risk their stars for a dead match, as a result the squad will be weaker.

The crowd will be low, without a doubt, but I'll still be going !!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think anyone who calls Frank Lampard 'fat' should be thrown out for being RACIST.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If we are mathematically out before the match

Can we be? I don't know what time it kicks off, but we'll have to wait to see how Andorra get on before anything is official....

(not that there's a hope in hell of them winning)

Oct 25, 2003
i think we'd have to put out a full strength side on the EXTREME(and i emphasise extreme) off chance that andorra will beat russia

i know it basically WON'T happen, but while theres a chance we have to try

oh, and once we're out, give mclaren and those JOKES of players HELL

Oct 25, 2003
to be honest, even if we DO qualify, we'll be an utter SHAMBLES come 2008, so maybe we should just save ourselves further embarassment and just bow out now

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Can we be? I don't know what time it kicks off, but we'll have to wait to see how Andorra get on before anything is official....

(not that there's a hope in hell of them winning)

You are right though, it's mathematically impossible for us to be out prior to the match starting. Whether it's likely or not is irrelevant, but it's amazing how many people don't quite understand that!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
theres probably a world clown convention going on next summer which is the real reason for failure, the manager and players didn't actually want to qualify

Is it me, or does Terry Venables look in pain when he has to sit and watch McLarens efforts

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
theres probably a world clown convention going on next summer which is the real reason for failure, the manager and players didn't actually want to qualify

Is it me, or does Terry Venables look in pain when he has to sit and watch McLarens efforts

El Tel is as much to blame as Mcclaren.

Why did they both go to the same game yesterday when there was 5 others being played?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
You are right though, it's mathematically impossible for us to be out prior to the match starting. Whether it's likely or not is irrelevant, but it's amazing how many people don't quite understand that!

Of course, but everyone KNOWS that Russia will beat Andorra

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I can't see him resigning to be honest, and I can't see the FA kicking him out, they are just too weak.
Doesn't his contract run out in 2008? I could be wrong but that is what I seem to recall... and if it is they'd be very very brave (and obviously stupid) to give a new one to someone so roundly disliked and obviously not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports