Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Aussies 4th and final day

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
How did we do it?

I can only 'watch' on the ball by ball update on the bbc's website.

Was it a great piece of bowling or fielding by England? Or did the aussie bottle break and they f*** up?

It was all in the mind.

Once the Australian batsmen started to give more attention to avoiding getting out, rather than scoring the runs needed, the game changed.

This is the magic of cricket.

What a morning!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
MARVELLOUS SCENES

AND SOME

IN SPADES

and so to the county ground to see SHARKEY

:drink: :drink: :drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Too close for comfort. Let's hope that the next test is easier.

Oct 25, 2003
dougdeep said:
Too close for comfort. Let's hope that the next test is easier.

against the best test side ever?

i doubt it will be easier at all

luckily now we have the momentum going into the old trafford test, and with freddie on his home ground we can hopefully take the lead

THe most incredible ending I've ever seen to a test match. I normally enjoy watching cricket as it is relaxing, it was just as stressful as the Albion chasing an equaliser in injury time.

The most important wicket of the summer, I was sure we'd lost and the Ashes were over. Can't wait for Thurs now.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Just got back from Birmingham. Marvellous few days up there - Test match cricket at its finest. Barmy Army in full force the Whoopy Cushions and the WWF wrestlers were the highlight for me. Plus we had a huge BHA banner up in the Hollies Stand for the final day. All this and Palace lost.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Stoaty Ferret said:
Just got back from Birmingham. Marvellous few days up there - Test match cricket at its finest. Barmy Army in full force the Whoopy Cushions and the WWF wrestlers were the highlight for me. Plus we had a huge BHA banner up in the Hollies Stand for the final day. All this and Palace lost.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

How nervous where you? i was biting my skin because i was so nervous, i thought my fingers where completely bald at the end of it all.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Excellent effort.

I noticed Lard-Lad Warne was out having trod on his stumps.

I trust the aforementioned timbers are now on their way to Gray Nicolls or wherever for extensive emergency repairs?

:lolol: :salute:

Missed the whole lot today so shall have to sit up for the C4 highlights at ten to 1. Lucky I have a late start for work tomorrow.

:clap:

A great win to England because it sets up a great series now. Had Australia won the Ashes would be over. If only a couple of other Aussie batsmen showed the same fight as the bottom 3. Martyn, Gilchrist in particular. Some of them think they are still facing second rate rubbish.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The best thing about the win is that I'm meeting an Aussie mate tomorrow for a drink.

She chose the day because she could "have a good gloat about the cricket".

I'm going to enjoy this ....:lolol: :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Gwylan said:
The best thing about the win is that I'm meeting an Aussie mate tomorrow for a drink.

She chose the day because she could "have a good gloat about the cricket".

I'm going to enjoy this ....:lolol: :lolol:

what the fact that you nearly handed it to us on a platter? ;) :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I settled down to watch the whole test. Although G/F is quite tolerant, she is still female, &, on occasions I was dragged out.

Everytime this happen England took a wicket.

I said the morning will only take an hour @ most.
So when the Aussies needed 8 to win & we were nearly an hour late, we left.
TMS blarring & NO chatting, then job done.
Plenty of shouting, screaming along the lines of "you always make me miss the f**king best bits".

To which she replied "we wouldn't have won, if you stayed watching, you Jonah".

A fair point to which I expect Harmi to buy me a beer for. !!

I'll keep you all posted as to when I go out during the next test.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That was quite awful then quite brilliant. Billy Bowden now joins the 'Russian' linesman of 1966 as one of England's favorite sporting officials!

Stupid rule. If that ball had gone over Joines for four the Aussies would have claimed the runs, therefore it was a scoring stroke and as such he was caught.

That one hand rule was introduce, on the occasion when the batsman was clearly not in control of the bat and the ball (unintentionally) hit it The classic eg being the batsmen clearly ducking and I mean ducking to get out of the way, but leaving one hand and bat in the way.:lolol:

Great game, similar reaction to Cullip goal againgst Chesterfield an Own's goals againgst Agentina.

LC

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
tedebear said:
what the fact that you nearly handed it to us on a platter? ;) :lol:
I don't think we did. The Australian tail end batted bravely and superbly (esp Lee) and the England bowlers didn't have much luck - although Simon Jones should have taken that low catch at third man. Flintoff, Giles and GBH didn't really do an awful lot wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here