Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
3-1

Assist by Watmore again

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
3-1 That Watmore guy looks good, came on as a sub, won the pen, scored the second and made the third!
Glad am watching it now but wish i'd missed the first 75 mins!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Watmore been on for 18 mins and he's MOM

Says a lot

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It is nothing at all against Solly just that I would like to see Chuba Akpom playing in Brighton shirt he could fire us to promotion with a few goals.

Solly's goals this season have fired us to the top 2 with our wins at Leeds and last week against MK Dons. Akpom, who by the way is an Arsenal player, has scored 2 league goals this season.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
More like come off!
Not having a good game is he.
Nothing like how we know he can play that's for sure.

Disagree. I thought March was excellent both on and off the ball. He had England's first shot (and not far over from range), his passing was spot on with a couple of exceptions, and his positional play was very good. I think his subbing was for tactical reasons as Akpom played far more centrally. Well done, Solly!!!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Disagree. I thought March was excellent both on and off the ball. He had England's first shot (and not far over from range), his passing was spot on with a couple of exceptions, and his positional play was very good. I think his subbing was for tactical reasons as Akpom played far more centrally. Well done, Solly!!!

Agree entirely, thought he carried more threat than those around him and was getting frustrated that we were so slow getting him the ball.

Fair play to Watmore though, direct and willing to run at players. Deserved MOM for his cameo.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Solly replaced by Chuba Akpom if only it was for BHA. not England.

Ah good, you're back to spouting nonsense.

March was denied service all night by both our right back who must have been the worst player I've seen in international colours by a considerable distance and by Loftus-Cheek who just refused to pass to Solly and made a point of moving to where he'd been playing when Solly went off.

TBH anyone could have been subbed. For 80 minutes we were awful. Second to the ball, ponderous at the back and playing the ball backwards more than the Albion ever did under Gus. We looked terrific in the last ten, not because Akpom and Watmore are such great players but because they're direct and have movement, something lacking from our forwards up to that point.

Wins a win but Southgate's a lucky manager rather than a good one.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Never have I seen a game where the limitations and tactical mistake of playing two wingers was shown up. As you can only play on one wing at a time, Solly March was effectively out of the game for most of the time despite finding space. We needed him to come in help in midfield. An overlapping full back can stretch the defence on the opposite side.

When the change was made, the game was transformed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here