Ashley Giles
Stephen Harmison
Matthew Hoggard
Geraint Jones
Simon Jones
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Strauss
Marcus Trescothick

S.Jones to be re-assessed on tuesday as he's still undergoing treatment for his bad ankle. If he does'nt make it then either Collingwood or Anderson will take his place. Tremlett has been dropped due to lack of matches & form.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Oceanic said:
Come on England, England winning the Ruby world cup, England winning the Ashes?. England winning the world cup? Not in my life time. It'll be a fantastic test match, can't wait.
England will not win the World cup, not while Brazil are around!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oceanic said:
Come on England, England winning the Ruby world cup, England winning the Ashes?. England winning the world cup? Not in my life time. It'll be a fantastic test match, can't wait.

All three happened in my lifetime. OK, so I was only 18 months old when we won the football world cup, but my dad assured me I watched it!

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Sammy the seagull said:
England will not win the World cup, not while Brazil are around!

av to agree unfortunately, watch out for robinho this kid is gonna set the world alight.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
winning the ashes back aint over with either yet, wouldnt write australia off just yet.:nono:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i wouldnt be so certain of brazil winning it for sure. they do play as a team of individuals(special ones granted).there defence also is not spectacular(apart from over head kicks!)

from what i know i dont think they are top of there qualifying either at the moment.

but of course the brazillians with talents like robinho and ronaldinho can produce magic at the least expected times so of course they will be there or thereabouts.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
i wouldnt be so certain of brazil winning it for sure. they do play as a team of individuals(special ones granted).there defence also is not spectacular(apart from over head kicks!)

from what i know i dont think they are top of there qualifying either at the moment.

but of course the brazillians with talents like robinho and ronaldinho can produce magic at the least expected times so of course they will be there or thereabouts.

with dida in goal, cafu at right back, carlos at left back, lucio at centre half i have to question peoples judgement of there defence, agreed they play attacking football but i still consider that a good defence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just read Steve Waugh, in the Sunday Times. Talking about the aussies bowling dilema.

He basically said McGrath, Lee, Warne, & McGill with Kaitch as another spinner, cos he plays well when under pressure. Waugh then went on to prove his point by saying:-

'I'd put 'Kat' in @ bat pad from the start, hope he gets one in the body, cos that will get his competative juices flowing'.

Cheers skipper, don't worry that it could take his head clean off.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
pasty said:
Really hope Jones makes it.

he's got too, i wouldnt feel confident with anderson

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Gotta be Collingwood ahead of Anderson - Collingwood can bat, which helps if we need to survive for a draw (a rather defensive attitude though)..

Anderson started brightly, but lost confidence after a bad series (against the Windies was it), i don't think he could be trusted to perform vs Aussies?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i would have collingwood over him as well

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Anderson

:nono:

hopefully Jones will be fit, I think I heard over the weekend that we haven't completed an Ashes series unchanged for over a century

Stumpy Tim

Collingwood is not a test bowler and I would take Anderson above him. Anderson has the potential to swing it a lot. I would have thought that with Simon Jones being a skiddy sort of bowler they may have considered Kirtley...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The danger of playing Collingwood is the fact that it states an intent to play for a draw and that could well backfire. A lot of the success this summer has come from the 5 pronged bowling attack and taking the game to the Aussies. Piclking Collingwood means a different balance to the side and essentially changing tactics.

I think England could have done worse than to bring Caddick back for this one game. He has never let England down and has been in some form this summer for Somerset.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anderson has taken wickets this summer, albeit slightly expensively at 31 apiece. :glare:
Collingwood has been unlucky. He'd have walked into the side if this match was being played any time in the past 15 years.

I'd probably take Collingwood simply because I just don't fancy either Collingwood or Anderson to take crucial wickets and be anything like as effective as Jones has been. So ideally, Jones needs to get FIT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here