Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mr Charisma must be a right laugh at parties.
Offers absolutely the square root of f*** all as a manager. He just doesn't "get it". The recorded interview regarding the money grabber he just spews out shit. So out of touch.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really feel for Lewis, what more does he have to do to prove himself ?

I can’t be bothered to watch the game tonight, roll on Citeh

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dunk is on the bench - Stones and Maguire start.
Apparently Dunk doesn't have the experience at international level. Why's that you f***ing moron?

Southgate says he'll pick players on form, then he doesn't, so he says 'it's because they play for a big club'. Well Maguire is no longer playing for a big club, he's not playing at all.

If Maguire doesn't play much club football between now and the finals, is Southgate seriously going to be picking him next summer?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What's amazing is how Southgate keeps picking out of form players and not get called out.

He'll complain about not having competition for places, but he's got loads of competitition.

Palace fans must be fuming as well Guehi is way better than Maguire.

At least he has dropped Henderson. Even Southgate knows he can't pick a midfielder playing for a mid-table Saudi club. There are blokes playing in the Isthmian League who are getting better match practice.

Did someone write that Henderson played in front of a crowd of 987 the other night? Hilarious!
Guehi is a better player than slabdhead for sure, but looking at the central defensive pairings, it looks like waistcoat prefers a more agile ball playing centre half (Stones) and a more out and out physical defender (slabhead),

Stones is the Rio Ferdinand and Slabhead the poundshop John Terry.

I reckon in waistcoats tactically clueless eyes, Dunk is competing with Slabhead and Guehi more with Stones as more similar attributes.

Of course any of them could play together, buy Guehi is more Stones than Slabhead imho.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Apparently Dunk doesn't have the experience at international level. Why's that you f***ing moron?

Southgate says he'll pick players on form, then he doesn't, so he says 'it's because they play for a big club'. Well Maguire is no longer playing for a big club, he's not playing at all.

If Maguire doesn't play much club football between now and the finals, is Southgate seriously going to be picking him next summer?
sadly i reckon he will do …

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Has anyone pointed out what a ******* ****** ********** ****** ***** ****** **** Southgate is yet ?

Ok, in which case I do love the Italian anthem but the words sung have never seemed to have any passing association with the tune :shrug:

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
1. Phillips is a lucky boy to be starting and doubly lucky that Maguire is in the team to take all the flak that might have otherwise come his way.
2. I hope this is an indicator Hendo is on the way out. There was a time not so long ago when he would have started this game.
3. Does anyone else think Trippier at left- back is a good idea? Not for me Clive. Disaster waiting to happen with Slabhead alongside him. Dunk and Colwill was the way to go.
Henderson first sub

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Foden, Walker, Stones & Phillips to all run into each other in a freak accident please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here