Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He will get a call up. Southgate will want to take this chance to show to his detractors that:
a). he really is true to hs word to pick players on form. Tick.
b), he doesn't just stubbornly stick to a group of players he likes. Tick.
c). he hasn't got a big six bias, nor has he got a Palace bias. Tick.
d). he listens to other people, both the media and people who know about football. Tick.

Will Dunk get to play? Will he f***!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes l'm really looking forward to it, I'll be a bit calmer now that the pressure is off us somewhat.

I know in his prematch comments that RDZ would be going all out to win the game, but l wonder how far we will actually push for the result, now that Europe has been achieved.
You could definitely see the players effectively shaking on a 2-0 loss with 20 mins to go, couldn't you? I know it's not really De Zerbi's style, but Man City realistically wouldn't have any reason to bust a gut and keep pushing at that point, and our players are a bit knackered.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
d). he listens to other people, both the media and people who know about football. Tick.
This is what almost annoys me most though. I would argue there have been moments in the last 2-3 years where Dunk has been as good as he has been recently.

We shouldn't have an international manager who even partially makes selection decisions based on which way the media wind is blowing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think he will this time, but just have a sneaking feeling his calf issues may mean he has to withdraw. (Playing with calf problems as mentioned by the Argus)
Could be part of a cunning plan. 'See, we do know he's good and we called him up. But he wasn't fit to play'

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You could definitely see the players effectively shaking on a 2-0 loss with 20 mins to go, couldn't you? I know it's not really De Zerbi's style, but Man City realistically wouldn't have any reason to bust a gut and keep pushing at that point, and our players are a bit knackered.
Could we even push it a bit further and shake on that point that we mathematically require l wonder?

Though that would break Pep's winning run l guess.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

That would be true if their regular starters play but if they rotate, we may come up against some hungry back-ups like Alvarez.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If it wasn't for the fact that he thoroughly deserves another call up I almost want him to be overlooked again just so I can enjoy the meltdown on here.

I said almost. I want and expect him to be picked.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
MacAllister has more chance of being selected for Scotland than Dunk has for England.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Stones deserves his place he's been excellent all season,Walker will get picked however he's performing as will good old Trent,if Southgate picks Maguire ahead of Dunk then he would lose any previous respect I ever had for him as a football manager,Dunk has performed consistently well since Brighton and Hove Albion were promoted to the EPL, it's anyone's guess as to why Dunk has been overlooked for so long and the 1 token gesture clean sheet performance v USA is insulting to Dunks ability he deserves so much more,.

I'm not even going to think about how I'd feel if he picked Ming's.

shocked oh my GIF

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Fun fact: England have never conceded a goal whilst a Brighton and Hove Albion player has been on the pitch for them.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s like your ex coming back to you when they’ve finally realised they can’t do better than you.

Southgate is a time wasting Uber-twerp who should not be in charge of a team as talented as this England side, it’s a shame Dunk doesn’t wait for the call and then block his number, absolute fraud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here