Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England Lionesses vs Luxembourg 7.30pm k/o

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was thinking of livening up a dull wet Tuesday night by watching this and downing a shot for every England goal scored.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just hope we can keep up our proud record of not conceding in the group so far and hopefully we can add a fair few to the hugely impressive +70 goal difference from our 9 games so far.

Had a little flutter on England to win to nil and over 13.5 goals.

Great to see over 30,000 packed into the Bet365.

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
8-0 unfortunately for Luxembourg it's not really it not really a contest. Their country needs to start supporting the woman’s game a bit more if they can, to give them any chance to compete.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another quite superb performance from the Lionesses just a shame they couldn't have nudged their Goal Difference to +80 over their 10 fixtures.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
8-0 unfortunately for Luxembourg it's not really it not really a contest. Their country needs to start supporting the woman’s game a bit more if they can, to give them any chance to compete.

Having 1% of the population that England has could also have something to do with it.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Having 1% of the population that England has could also have something to do with it.

I agree, but Iceland have a small population as well and manage to do well. I know it is a different nation with different priorities, but it is possible to be competitive.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Home Euro success aside, the USA next month at Wembley will provide a real benchmark of where the Lionesses are.

Clearly they've moved forward significantly since they were outplayed in the Semi-Final last time around.

Turn them over and there's every chance of success down under.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Small country, England mens team have beat them 9-0 twice once in 1960 & again in 1982

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Home Euro success aside, the USA next month at Wembley will provide a real benchmark of where the Lionesses are.

Clearly they've moved forward significantly since they were outplayed in the Semi-Final last time around.

Turn them over and there's every chance of success down under.

I have a ticket and really looking forward to it The USA have dominated women’s football for decades and we are still learning despite being European champion’s. But who knows, a home game in a packed out Wembley with a little bit of luck, we could do it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I have a ticket and really looking forward to it The USA have dominated women’s football for decades and we are still learning despite being European champion’s. But who knows, a home game in a packed out Wembley with a little bit of luck, we could do it.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, even more so if England win.

With a number of influential players like Rapinoe (37) and Morgan (33) getting on, it might be a decent time to play them.

Canada beat them last summer in the Olympic Semi-Final, so I'm not convinced they've got that same invincibility as before.

They're playing Nigeria today, so it'll be interesting to see how they get on. They haven't conceded in the last 9 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here