Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England given one-match stadium ban

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Explain why they would inconsistently apply security measures, check points etc? Like I say ever major tournament I’ve been to since 2006 the stadiums have much stricter security around the permiter than Wembley had this summer. Even the nations league in Guimarães!! Something is not right.

Or why legally they English FA haven’t been able to go against UEFA and say your organised it, your problem?

The points you make are not inconsequential - and I agree that all major tournaments have at least double rings of security. (Celtic's UEFA Cup Final in Seville in 2003 had the security plan changed several times on the day). The issue I'm highlighting is that UEFA / The FA / the local authorities etc, have interminable meetings in advance of, in the immediate build-up to, and during every single match in a major tournament, led by UEFA's own agenda. They all see the situation on the ground - and the geography of Wembley these days is awkward - hotels, restaurants and public areas within a drop kick of stadium stairways and concourses.

The FA don't act alone - and couldn't if they wanted to.

The politics of European / World football would be a primary factor in challenging the disciplinary process - but mostly the issue was that "English" people decided to behave badly - therefore the de facto, the English authorities are to blame. I have little doubt that the English FA has very mixed emotions about the entire fiasco.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There's plenty of video evidence so I'm surprised there haven't been more arrests. Anyone found getting in without a ticket should get football bans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here