Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England Euro Squad announcement

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm a huge fan of Dunk, but that statement (re mistakes leading to Europa League goals) is definitely not true.

He had a minimum of two howlers leading to goals (Marseilles away and Roma away)
Fair enough, I was only going off the top of my head and completely forgot Marseille

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is that the final, final deadline? I do wonder whether he will pick a slightly larger squad to give Phillips ands Mount every chance to prove their fitness,

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Back up keepers are likely to be Trafford and Ramsdale..Sake

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
IMG_5448.jpeg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Times reporting he's going defensive and "stockpiling" the squad with defenders.
Makes perfect sense, when our clear weakness is at the back, with an embarrassing number of top class attackers to choose from...

I'd love to see what an attacking coach could get out of this squad. We have the players to absolute take apart most teams in the world, if they were utilised properly.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I've got a horrible feeling this is going to be ridiculous squad

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Makes perfect sense, when our clear weakness is at the back, with an embarrassing number of top class attackers to choose from...

I'd love to see what an attacking coach could get out of this squad. We have the players to absolute take apart most teams in the world, if they were utilised properly.
Our 3rd string attackers - Toney/Maddison/Grealish get into most international sides.

If true he's completely lost it, he's gone defensive in last 3 tournaments and fallen short, why not try something different.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
increasingly looking like no Dunk - shame for him but as a travelling England fan, kind of relieved

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The funny thing about this is, probably, most England fans are in close agreement on the core 11-15 players who are likely to be playing all the football at the tournament.

The arguments seem to break out over players who aren't even going to see a minute of football so it's just not worth getting in a fuss about.

The only one i can think of who may be on fringes who I am desperate we pick is Gordon (what a sub he could be)

Honestly, don't get yourselves stressed about 3rd choice keepers or 6th choice centre backs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When fit, Mitoma is the first name. Comfortably our most important player.

I wouldn’t take Dunk to the Euro’s to be honest but I would take Gordon. He is absolute quality. Terrifies defences, similarly to Mitoma actually.
With a face like his I’m sure he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here