[Cricket] Eng v Ind - 5th Test - Edgbaston kick-off 11am

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
More cheating again. Every time they are down the try to change the bloody ball.

Funny against NZ we attempted time and time again and suddenly got it changed. NZ and India get it changed more often. Wonder if it's because we hit it harder and these crap balls go out of shape.

I do wonder though an out of shape ball must wobble more so should be an advantage to the bowling side

What is bizarre about this change is that the ball they had was reverse swinging nicely, this one has been dead so far.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Funny against NZ we attempted time and time again and suddenly got it changed. NZ and India get it changed more often. Wonder if it's because we hit it harder and these crap balls go out of shape.

I do wonder though an out of shape ball must wobble more so should be an advantage to the bowling side

It will probably be less likely to swing though

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Typical England, 30-3 as per usual

*Puts glasses on*

Wait...300?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! :vuvu:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
**** he's good, isn't he?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He's already being talked about as the greatest ever England batsman. I wonder if it'll ever be put beyond debate.

Never mind that, he's catchin' Sachin...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watching the serene progress this morning, it's hard to believe England are chasing a record score, had just lost 3 wickets in two overs when these two came together and were relying on just 3 recognised batsmen to get them 250 runs on a day 4/5 pitch.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To lose the captaincy, for a new captain and manager to effectively say what we were doing before was wrong, we're going to do this, and for Root to up his game (if that was possible) is phenomenal.

I thought like England captains before him who lose it and don't go on that much longer, I can see him extending his career for years yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports