Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enamel BHA pin badges - would anyone be interested in buying them?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll take a couple too. I reckon you'd sell them pretty fast off a pin board near the ground.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I'd take a couple of sets. I'm currently sporting a few of these RSPB charity pins, without the card obviously!

Attachments

• rspb.jpg
    rspb.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 160

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Ah, the badge thing. There used to be a lot more on eBay from the 70s but they've nearly all been snapped up now. I had 2 dolphin badges at one point. The resin bit fell out of both of them though eventually.

You need a fair bit of dosh to put down to get a decent return on these. I think the industry has changed over the years due to manufacturing in China etc. The lowest I've seen for 100 units is about £1.20 p/u plus VAT plus delivery from China. It also took 6 weeks to get through customs!

When we got our TSLR ones done we bought a shit-tonne so we could sell them for a quid, but even then, they aren't old school metal and enamel really, they're a little different. They're just promo items so we're not bothered about 'selling' them as such, we just want people to wear them. If I was selling badges I'd have to weigh the risks up and I'm not convinced the appetite is there at Albion.

I'd love to do Dolphin ones but the market isn't there for the numbers you have to shift, unless we've been doing it wrong for the last 5 years'. If anyone wants the vector files for the dolphin logo then drop us an email.

We are in the process of producing a set of badges that are the coolest thing I've ever seen, and luckily we don't have to press loads of them because of the technique we're using. More news as and when.

Still, it's sad we don't have a badge seller outside the ground like you see at at old northern clubs. Another subtle consequence of Archer and not having a home for so many years.

It's sad in England that you have to pay so much to do little DIY projects. Europeans would laugh at us if they saw how much we pay for stickers, scarves, flags, badges, t-shirts etc.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'd definitely be in for a couple but won't the BHA Brand Police get excited if the chosen design incorporates some of the company's official graphics?

Everyone wearing one might get banned, or forced to read a Marketing Department newsletter.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ah, the badge thing. There used to be a lot more on eBay from the 70s but they've nearly all been snapped up now. I had 2 dolphin badges at one point. The resin bit fell out of both of them though eventually.

You need a fair bit of dosh to put down to get a decent return on these. I think the industry has changed over the years due to manufacturing in China etc. The lowest I've seen for 100 units is about £1.20 p/u plus VAT plus delivery from China. It also took 6 weeks to get through customs!

When we got our TSLR ones done we bought a shit-tonne so we could sell them for a quid, but even then, they aren't old school metal and enamel really, they're a little different. They're just promo items so we're not bothered about 'selling' them as such, we just want people to wear them. If I was selling badges I'd have to weigh the risks up and I'm not convinced the appetite is there at Albion.

I'd love to do Dolphin ones but the market isn't there for the numbers you have to shift, unless we've been doing it wrong for the last 5 years'. If anyone wants the vector files for the dolphin logo then drop us an email.

We are in the process of producing a set of badges that are the coolest thing I've ever seen, and luckily we don't have to press loads of them because of the technique we're using. More news as and when.

Still, it's sad we don't have a badge seller outside the ground like you see at at old northern clubs. Another subtle consequence of Archer and not having a home for so many years.

It's sad in England that you have to pay so much to do little DIY projects. Europeans would laugh at us if they saw how much we pay for stickers, scarves, flags, badges, t-shirts etc.

I recently bought a Brighton and Hove Albion badge from a seller outside a ground. In Germany. They also had a Lewes FC.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I will have one mate

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I like the TSLR smiley badge and it was good value for a quid, please can you let me know when your new set of badges come out.
I would like to see more badge sellers at grounds, I bought some badges from a seller near Withdean but I'm sure I only saw him once, I saw badge sellers at Liverpool and Villa when we played in the FA Cup but nothing recently.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I recently bought a Brighton and Hove Albion badge from a seller outside a ground. In Germany. They also had a Lewes FC.

Lewes FC badge in Germany, I'm trying to get my head round that one, To see an Albion badge would be a surprise but Lewes!

What type was the BHA badge?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I'd definitely be in for a couple but won't the BHA Brand Police get excited if the chosen design incorporates some of the company's official graphics?

Depends what it is ...

The club could, in theory, have a pop at us for using the club herring gull thing on our smiley logo, but they never have.

Our t-shirts too, they don't feature any trademarks, e.g. we wouldn't use 'BHA' or 'BHAFC' or the full club name.

NSK have 'BHAFC' on their scarves. I suppose the club wouldn't want to have a pop at fan groups though. Not good PR.

To be honest, such a small amount of Albion fan-made merch is made the club have never had to worry about it I doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here