[Other Sport] Emma Raducanu

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This is unbelievable tennis. First set lost in the tournament by Bencic - this is incredible stuff. It reminds me a lot of Iga Swiatek winning the French Open without dropping a set last year - so much confidence and such momentum. Hard to believe that Emma is 18 and went into this tournament having only played at Wimbledon and ranked 150. Now she'll be in the top 80 but a win today probably gets her closer to the top 70.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
This is unbelievable tennis. First set lost in the tournament by Bencic - this is incredible stuff. It reminds me a lot of Iga Swiatek winning the French Open without dropping a set last year - so much confidence and such momentum. Hard to believe that Emma is 18 and went into this tournament having only played at Wimbledon and ranked 150. Now she'll be in the top 80 but a win today probably gets her closer to the top 70.

She'll be the highest ranked British woman if she wins this.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Impressive. Seriously impressive. I was trying to watch while on a phone call, but was that 5 games in a row to close out the first set?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Got herself out of a tight spot there. Passing every test asked of her so far.

Bencic looks stressed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This US crowd are bloody loving Emma!

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Bencic looks rattled. I get the impression she wasn't expecting to be involved in a tennis match today, and then BOOM...right in the kisser!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
**** me she is good. She always plays the right shot, is unerringly accurate and surprisingly powerful. I couldn’t quite believe how good she was at Wimbledon and now she’s even better. Who knows how long it will last, but she is bloody amazing right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports