Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emergency meeting + stockdale update

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What about the snippet in the paper today about a Championship manager resigning over the recruitment of players ?
Are you posting from the meeting?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my F5 key is worn out

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Saw Barber earlier. Was in formal dress. There's a (mundane) story behind this that somebody has added the word 'EMERGENCY' to in order to generate interest.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What about the snippet in the paper today about a Championship manager resigning over the recruitment of players ?

But why would SH be unhappy about the club's recruitment policy? We rarely buy any decent quality players (at least not for some while) so why should he be surprised?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You know: there's one main reason I can think of why Barber, Burke and Hyypia would be at the training ground today.
And that would involve an announcement this pm. Perhaps around 9pm

:fishing:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You know: there's one main reason I can think of why Barber, Burke and Hyypia would be at the training ground today.
And that would involve an announcement this pm. Perhaps around 9pm

:fishing:

hope this is it
a big signing prehaps

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
hope this is it
a big signing perhaps

That would be wonderful if true. I'm keeping everything crossed. Were SH to resign after such a short time, I believe it would have a catastrophic impact on our season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Reading haven't signed anyone so that could be Adkins.
It would be NSCtastic if we're deemed to have a worse recruitment policy than no signings Reading and 8 man Blackpool.

There'd be a perverse pleasure in watching NSC melt before my very eyes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That would be wonderful if true. I'm keeping everything crossed. Were SH to resign after such a short time, I believe it would be catastrophic for our season.

Wouldn't look great on his CV either.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Wouldn't look great on his CV either.

Agreed. But I think we would also all agree that there would have to be something seriously wrong for SH to resign so soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here