Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Embarrassing, it’s an absolute disgrace"

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
“Embarrassing, it’s an absolute disgrace, that’s what it is: a disgrace,” Arteta said. “There’s so much at stake, we’ve put in so many hours to compete at the highest level and you cannot imagine the amount of messages we’ve had saying this cannot continue. It’s embarrassing.

It’s not acceptable, there’s too much at stake. I don’t want to be in the hands of these people. I don’t know how to feel. I’m wasting my time, we are wasting our time. It’s difficult enough to compete against Newcastle – they are a really good team, but we have to talk about how the hell this goal stood. It’s an absolute disgrace it was allowed. For more than one reason it should not be a goal. “I have been in this country more than 20 years and [the officiating] is nowhere near the level of the best league in the world. I feel sick to be part of this. I feel sick. It’s not a goal, it’s not a goal.”

So, Arteta seems to be on the fence...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It’s so annoying that Arteta has made the statement as I don’t want to agree with him but he is right. Hopefully more managers come out and say the same thing

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The Toon winner should have been chalked off for the one clear issue which was the push on the defender.

However, I wont shed too many tears for Arteta as Havertz should have got red. Nasty leg breaker tackle if he connects with the studs up front foot. Lucky for him it's only his trailing foot that connects for which ref gives yellow.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Toon winner should have been chalked off for the one clear issue which was the push on the defender.

However, I wont shed too many tears for Arteta as Havertz should have got red. Nasty leg breaker tackle if he connects with the studs up front foot. Lucky for him it's only his trailing foot that connects for which ref gives yellow.

Agreed, Gabriel was pushed double-handed to the ground, simply a foul.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Presumably not a 'clear and obvious' error by the ref.....
Two hands pushing down looked clear enough to me. If I'm looking to give them a sniff of a way out perhaps they thought the lurch forward from the defender is a bit too dramatic. However, that's a stretch and anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul all day long

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
“Embarrassing, it’s an absolute disgrace, that’s what it is: a disgrace,” Arteta said. “There’s so much at stake, we’ve put in so many hours to compete at the highest level and you cannot imagine the amount of messages we’ve had saying this cannot continue. It’s embarrassing.

It’s not acceptable, there’s too much at stake. I don’t want to be in the hands of these people. I don’t know how to feel. I’m wasting my time, we are wasting our time. It’s difficult enough to compete against Newcastle – they are a really good team, but we have to talk about how the hell this goal stood. It’s an absolute disgrace it was allowed. For more than one reason it should not be a goal. “I have been in this country more than 20 years and [the officiating] is nowhere near the level of the best league in the world. I feel sick to be part of this. I feel sick. It’s not a goal, it’s not a goal.”

So, Arteta seems to be on the fence...
Right, so we ditch VAR as a pile of shit because that's how the idiots running it have decided how it should work- or we (they) sort it - or we ditch it.

They are the only options (apart from continuing with the disaster it has become) that the football authorities seem to be able to recognise. There is another option, but sadly, so stubborn are the administrators of our (once) glorious game that they'll keep on using it, because the half-baked idiots stupidly believe it only needs a tweak. Hah!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Right, so we ditch VAR as a pile of shit because that's how the idiots running it have decided how it should work- or we (they) sort it - or we ditch it.

They are the only options (apart from continuing with the disaster it has become) that the football authorities seem to be able to recognise. There is another option, but sadly, so stubborn are the administrators of our (once) glorious game that they'll keep on using it, because the half-baked idiots stupidly believe it only needs a tweak. Hah!

Are we compelled to use it by FIFA or UEFA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here