Elvis un-talented fat waster?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis

• untalented burger eating fat waster?

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • The king of rock and roll?

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Elvis impersonators invariably impersonate the Burger King, rather than the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

This poll is exactly the same as a poll that offered a choice between George Best, Football Genius and George Best, Drunken Disaster Zone.

The correct answer is BOTH.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mr Popkins said:

if Cliff richard had been B4 elvis i reckon things would have been very different.

!"

Couldn't have happened, Cliff Richard's style and early music was a direct rip off and pale imitation of Elvis.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I think Roy Orbison was better.

If he didn't have such wierd 'beady' eyes he'd have been bigger than the fat bloater.

I was born in '68 so they're both before my time but my Mum especially used to listen to them a lot when I was a nipper.

On a different note isn't Lisa-Marie the spitting image of her Dad? A bit spooky - I would say I fancy her but I'd feel a bit of a gay saying it!

eek.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
eek.gif

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
the King .. basically for whatever mood you are in, Elvis recorded a song about it that would fit

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I really like the stuff he recorded in 69-70. "Gentle on my mind", "True love travels on a gravel road" - all that kind of thing.

I wouldn't say he was the greatest at anything, but I think he tried to entertain, and was good at that. I think he was just stuck at a mental age of 18 all his life, surrounded by yes-men who didn't help him when someone needed to tell him to stop.

But some of the music is very good. Just mostly not the well-know singles IMO.

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
I think all his tunes are shit. He didn't pen his songs, couldn't play the guitar (he danced around with it while Scotty Moore played in the background) didn't really have a great voice, looked like a spangly tart onstage, and had horrendous sideburns.

Other than that he was OK.

An Elvis fanatic works at our place. She goes to Memphis every year, has all his records, and stacks of memorabilia.
She is also the thickest person I have ever met. The two aren't mutually exclusive, I can tell ya.

Elvis Presley and Evil Knievel. Like Janet and Michael Jackson, never in the same place at the same time.

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
Something I've always wanted to try, but never gotten round to it:

Elvis Presley's Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:05

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 small ripe banana
2 slices white bread
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter

In a small bowl, mash the banana with the back of a spoon. Toast the bread lightly. Spread the peanut butter on one slice of toast and the mashed banana on the other. Fry the sandwich in melted butter until each side is golden brown.
Cut diagonally and serve hot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Elvis loved his "peanut butter and nanner" sandwiches. At a hefty 36 grams of fat, they probably helped do him in.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports