• untalented burger eating fat waster?

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • The king of rock and roll?

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
do you think he was the most talented singer that has ever walked this earth?

To me he was a fat burger eating crooner who never wrote one of his own songs? he is so overated its untrue!

his songs are ok ,but there are some sad people who worship him
my theory is that he was so popular as up until Elvis no one had really seen anything like him.

if Cliff richard had been B4 elvis i reckon things would have been very different.

"thank you very much!"

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Elvis was the King!!!!!

Some of his music is pure timeless and the man was a pure entertainer, so what if he liked a burger?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yes at the end of his life he did get fat (he was like that for approx 10 years) before that he was very slim and good looking

Elvis at 40 something was different to Elvis at 20 something (aren't we all) and the majority of his hits were in his younger days.

So yes, he was the king of rock and roll and, yes, he was fat eating burgers but untalented? No

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I put this question to all of you who love Elvis-

if he was so talented why are there so many Elvis impersonators who sound just like him?

He didnt write one of his own songs
He couldnt act to save his life!

i'll give you he had his looks in his younger days.

so why is he so good?

The King? dont make me laugh!

Give me Englebert Humperdink any day!

Girl Friday

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Basing an opinion on Elvis in his Vegas days is like asking George Best to play now. ’58 -’62 sublime. After that he became someone else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mr Popkins said:
do you think he was the most talented singer that has ever walked this earth?

No, that would be Frank Sinatra by a country mile

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
The King without a doubt, the comeback video 68/69 i think is the best music video ever, absolute class.

Just enjoy him for what he was the best entertainer ever added to that he had a great voice, looked good and was non to shabby on the dancefloor either.

He also lived the original rock and roll lifestyle all those rock stars since Elvis have just lived pale imitations of that lifestyle.

Listen to one of the numerous best of albums and then tell me the man did not have class, he may not have written his songs but he delivered them like no other.

And he even died like a rock star on the bog having a shit, true quality till the end.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You cannot compare Frank Sinatra with Elvis. Totally different styles.

In fact I appreciated them both.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
SM BHAFC said:
The King without a doubt, the comeback video 68/69 i think is the best music video ever, absolute class.

Just enjoy him for what he was the best entertainer ever added to that he had a great voice, looked good and was non to shabby on the dancefloor either.

He also lived the original rock and roll lifestyle all those rock stars since Elvis have just lived pale imitations of that lifestyle.

Listen to one of the numerous best of albums and then tell me the man did not have class, he may not have written his songs but he delivered them like no other.

And he even died like a rock star on the bog having a shit, true quality till the end.

bollox! delivered them like no other??? what about the hundreds of thousands of Elvis impersonators around the world??!!!!!

the man was also a kiddie fiddler!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Too many people only seem to remember the fat Elvis towards the end of his career, and all those shite impersonators.

He was the king and was a truely great entertainer. The '68 special and the 1970 Vegas show were superb.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I haven't heard an Elvis impersonator yet that I thought was any good.

I am not particularly an Elvis fan either

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I think all Elvis impersonators are better that the real thing for comical Value!

I once saw a Chinese Elvis, he was top class!

Im not convined he was a good entertainer.

as you can see i feel quite strongly on this subject and will not let it lie!

dont get me wrong I like most of his songs.

just hate the way people think he's some sort of god!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yes his home was Memphis but he performed in Vegas.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Girl Friday Vegas and Elvis go together like ham and eggs he even sang a song about the place, bright lights city gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire.........Viva Las Vegas

Girl Friday

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
He recorded in Memphis. His home was Tupelo, Mississippi, he performed in Vegas. Bear fighting in Sri Lanka, Elephants dancing in tents, Elvis in Vegas. It’s like a girl admitting she loves nylon pants or going out along West Street. It’s crap

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
No way GF the the Vegas comeback was tops and some of the stuff he did early on after his comeback was Elvis at his best.

As for Mr Popkins your opinion is as valid as anyone but i feel you are missing out on a load of hapiness by not rating Elvis, the man ooozed class.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Mother f*** him and John Wayne

Public Enemy's view of him. I am not in total agreement with them, but i don't see him as much more than an icon rather than a musical great. No doubt he was a good performer and very fat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here