Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis.....Have we bought a pup?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I usually like to sit back and give things time but Hughton is clearly reluctant to use him / not rating him ATM. You'd expect a £1 million + player who was scoring regularly in one of Europes top league to be ready & waiting if they moved to the championship surely?

Will still give it time as he's probably adapting still but got a bad feeling on this one & am a little worried...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After 5 pages, its time we had a little less conversation about this.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Another Toko? Expected to do well, but a poor bit of scouting.

Elvis was the one player Hughton seemed less keen on. I wonder if Marshall would have had a bigger impact.

I am sure that if Hughton had 1.5mil to spend on a player, he is not going to buy a player he is not keen on, common sense I would have thought.
As for your comment on a poor bit of scouting, where are you coming from ? Does that apply to all the others that we have signed also ?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I am sure that if Hughton had 1.5mil to spend on a player, he is not going to buy a player he is not keen on, common sense I would have thought.
As for your comment on a poor bit of scouting, where are you coming from ? Does that apply to all the others that we have signed also ?

CH doesn't make the signings or create the shortlist.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
The wonder of Manu
ELVIS-93.gif

Liked this one!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely. If not we should drive him to a non league team where he belongs along with Hambo, Harper and the whole youth set-up. None of the U10s have broken into the first team so they must be shit as well.

Whhhhoooooooooooooooosh!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
CH doesn't make the signings or create the shortlist.

Yes he does. He is involved in the process. he may not negotiate the deals but he does identify the positions he needs strengthening. he then sits down with scouting team and the people involved i negotiating the deals and identifys which players would be of interest to him

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Absolutely. If not we should drive him to a non league team where he belongs along with Hambo, Harper and the whole youth set-up. None of the U10s have broken into the first team so they must be shit as well.

Someones missing the pun :) Unless "None of the U10s have broken into the first team so they must be shit as well" is one of Elvis's more obscure album tracks.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yes he does. He is involved in the process. he may not negotiate the deals but he does identify the positions he needs strengthening. he then sits down with scouting team and the people involved i negotiating the deals and identifys which players would be of interest to him

Didn't Alex Ferguson recently mention the Albion as one of the clubs who doesn't give the Manager the authority other clubs give in relation to transfers. I think it's called money balling, the strategy we use in the transfer market.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't Alex Ferguson recently mention the Albion as one of the clubs who doesn't give the Manager the authority other clubs give in relation to transfers. I think it's called money balling, the strategy we use in the transfer market.
That went out with Burke.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

He could well have done but I know for sure that CH was involved in identifying the players he went for during the summer. There was one that he hadn't seen play and that was Jack Harper but all the others he had seen play before.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

The stats based approach to identifying transfer targets isn't wrong, it's just needs to used in conjunction with all the other usual stuff.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Or we are easing in him gently.

Still hopeful he will come good.

Made me smile-------but it don't take much to tickle my funny bone :moo:

A kick in the face is a bit far, admittedly.

Kayal, Bong, Rosenior, Hemed and Murphy, plus some still to come that we're a bit excited about - Harper and Hambo.

Why do people keep banging on about him?

I think it's called money balling,

My oh my! The sexual depravity!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here