Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis being released on a free

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've calmed down from your palpitations over the past few months :wink:
You may come back to me if Baldock pulls a hamstring (or something similar) at Birmingham, QPR or Cardiff. Which is another way of saying: only three more games to go.

I'm amazed the club played the 'we won't get screwed over on injuries' card, and has got away with it.
In a parallel universe I can see the worlds most frustrating half a season, where the only highlight is we're all making money betting on 0-0.

Fingers crossed everything is in place for 01.01.17, so on 02.01.17 the club tweets out a picture of empty offices saying 'the transfer window is closed'.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
If you google this song there are many references to both Mud and an Elvis version.
That's a common mistake many people make, assuming that because something's on the internet it must be true. A bit like "Fake News".
If there is an Elvis version I challenge you to find it. I bet you can't.
Here's an "Elvis version" on Youtube to start you off. Not Elvis, Mud. This was even posted by a supposed Elvis fan judging by their name and has had over 6 million views. That's how misinformation spreads so easily on the internet
https://youtu.be/prErnop1eiM

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
That's a common mistake many people make, assuming that because something's on the internet it must be true. A bit like "Fake News".

It's a clear as mud for BG.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some comment on Twitter that we are re-signing Texeira with a view to a permanent.
Put the poster on your ignore list. Someone posted a link here to an article to that effect from 2 years ago.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Here's an "Elvis version" on Youtube to start you off. Not Elvis, Mud.
https://youtu.be/prErnop1eiM

I've heard the lead singer of Mud say that the song was originally written for Elvis , but unfortunately he died so the song was given to Mud.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well, I guess it's now or never...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Mud sang it Christmas 1974. Elvis died 1977.

Pedant alert!:lolol: Well it was written with Elvis in mind, maybe he didn't want it, but he certainly never recorded it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've heard the lead singer of Mud say that the song was originally written for Elvis , but unfortunately he died so the song was given to Mud.

The song was written by Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman who wrote a string of hits for various artists but never for Elvis. That and the fact Elvis died 3 years after the song was released!!!!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The song was written by Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman who wrote a string of hits for various artists but never for Elvis. That and the fact Elvis died 3 years after the song was released!!!!

Thanks for letting me know that again. It's been nearly half an hour since I was told and I was beginning to forget!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What instruction is that then? - Yes Jamie has played well and I am pleased to see it. I thought he was going to drift out of the squad early season when he was playing in the Cap One cup games but he has come back strong

If I were to give you the instruction FO, you just might be offended (this might also say something about my online persona).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Put the poster on your ignore list. Someone posted a link here to an article to that effect from 2 years ago.
The article wasn't from 2 years ago. It was mistranslated with "20th" really being "2nd".

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm amazed the club played the 'we won't get screwed over on injuries' card, and has got away with it.
In a parallel universe I can see the worlds most frustrating half a season, where the only highlight is we're all making money betting on 0-0.

Fingers crossed everything is in place for 01.01.17, so on 02.01.17 the club tweets out a picture of empty offices saying 'the transfer window is closed'.

Yup. That's exactly how I want it. And wouldn't be too surprised if it happens either.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Yes but no matter how shut the offices are, posters will still be saying Dale Stephens is off to Burnley right up to 31.01.17.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The article wasn't from 2 years ago. It was mistranslated with "20th" really being "2nd".
Oh ok, my mistake. Well, they're mistake first I guess :)

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Classic NSC.

An article from a Dutch football magazine about one of our players leads to an argument as to whether a song by Mud was ever recorded by Elvis Presley!

Oh, and I don't want to sound mildly racist, but I do hope we steer well clear of any more Dutch/Eredivisie players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here