Elliott Bennett song last night

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I can't believe people are moaning about it going on for too long. When any group of fans sings the same song for ages it always sounds quality, the unrelenting noise is what you want in an atmosphere and that is how you back a team for the full 90 minutes without running out of songs to sing

As for the words, it's not the best ever but it's cirtainly not the worst. If people are waiting for a piece of lyrical genius or something really funny before they join in it explains why our singing has degenerated into two songs over the last couple of years: GOSBTS and (yawn) AL-BI-ON, AL-BI-ON

Any noise is better than nothing.

WELL SAID. I could not go last night due to work so listened in on the wireless. The Bennett song sounded absolutely superb and the fact it went on and on was even better. I cannot for the life of me believe that people are moaning about it.

A huge THANK you to those that have perservered and got a chant going against such opposition on here, ignore the moaners and sing your hearts out. It was much appreciated by me at home.

I seriously think that some on here would be happy to sit in silence or just sing 'Albion, Albion' and NOTHING else. It is not the most intelligent of lyrics but it soes not matter. It is a new song, stop moaning, get on board and enjoy it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Im sorry its rubbish, ending it runs down the wing for me is lame, its the HEARTBEAT theme tume ffs, and also nicked off a song for a 3rd rate Liverpool player.

Oh well - too late for you to change it.

I remember many on the original song thread saying it will sound shit and then changing their minds - i guess there's a few who still think it's crap but unless these people start singing 'better' new songs at games then they can't complain.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe "involved in everything" instead of "runs down the wing"?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
WELL SAID. I could not go last night due to work so listened in on the wireless. The Bennett song sounded absolutely superb and the fact it went on and on was even better. I cannot for the life of me believe that people are moaning about it.

A huge THANK you to those that have perservered and got a chant going against such opposition on here, ignore the moaners and sing your hearts out. It was much appreciated by me at home.

I seriously think that some on here would be happy to sit in silence or just sing 'Albion, Albion' and NOTHING else. It is not the most intelligent of lyrics but it soes not matter. It is a new song, stop moaning, get on board and enjoy it.

Oh my word - NAIL.HEAD. Exactly right. I don't like some of the tunes but i'll still BELT them out at games - asnd yes again we see the moaners and slaggers on this thread as they were the original - get over yourselves.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Its decent, BUT went on way too long last night.

oh yes i agree, singing at football matches should be limited to 30 seconds tops, anything more than that and it starts to hurt me ears and gives me a headache....

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I thought it got better as it went on last night. Was sounding quality towards the end.

Any new song that everyone can sing along to and sounds loud can only be a good thing as far as i'm concerned.

We had to fill in the quiet time provided by the Brentford fans.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
CASPER ANKERGREN ANKERGREN, CASPER ANKERGREN
He was loving it.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I can't believe people are moaning about it going on for too long. When any group of fans sings the same song for ages it always sounds quality, the unrelenting noise is what you want in an atmosphere and that is how you back a team for the full 90 minutes without running out of songs to sing

As for the words, it's not the best ever but it's cirtainly not the worst. If people are waiting for a piece of lyrical genius or something really funny before they join in it explains why our singing has degenerated into two songs over the last couple of years: GOSBTS and (yawn) AL-BI-ON, AL-BI-ON

Any noise is better than nothing.

Although unique, the Bennett song is wet, really wet, and quite embarrassing to be honest.

GOBSTS needs to be slowed down.

AL-BEEEE-ON is awful - needs to be the old style.

We've also got:

Brighton Aces - class

Na na na Brighton & Hove Albion (Bananarama song) - class

We are Brighton - class

Granted, we need new material, but don't let the classics die.

I'd rather we spend time getting GOSBTS right than a tune on a player who may be gone soon.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Although unique, the Bennett song is wet, really wet, and quite embarrassing to be honest.

GOBSTS needs to be slowed down.

AL-BEEEE-ON is awful - needs to be the old style.

We've also got:

Brighton Aces - class

Na na na Brighton & Hove Albion (Bananarama song) - class

We are Brighton - class

Granted, we need new material, but don't let the classics die.

I'd rather we spend time getting GOSBTS right than a tune on a player who may be gone soon.

The Bennett song is NOT wet, or embarrassing. It's fun, noisy and sounds f***ing brilliant when there's a low roof and everyone gets involved.

But you're right, we should never let the classic songs die. We need old and new. Lets get more good new songs out there, try them out and see how they fare. Bennett's song is a hell of a lot more popular than it initially was - I hated the EL-LI-OT extra syllable at first, but love it now.

So, to all the moaners out there, come up with some new songs and give them a go at games. If you're happy to slag others' efforts off, why not let the crowd decide on your creations.

Incidentally, we did the verse to GOSBTS slowly last night, but then it got cranked up to 100mph for the chorus for some ridiculous reason - it all needs to be slow IMO.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
The Bennett song is NOT wet, or embarrassing. It's fun, noisy and sounds f***ing brilliant when there's a low roof and everyone gets involved.

But you're right, we should never let the classic songs die. We need old and new. Lets get more good new songs out there, try them out and see how they fare. Bennett's song is a hell of a lot more popular than it initially was - I hated the EL-LI-OT extra syllable at first, but love it now.

So, to all the moaners out there, come up with some new songs and give them a go at games. If you're happy to slag others' efforts off, why not let the crowd decide on your creations.

Incidentally, we did the verse to GOSBTS slowly last night, but then it got cranked up to 100mph for the chorus for some ridiculous reason - it all needs to be slow IMO.

Both verses got sung last night. Was good to hear for a change.

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
It created an atmosphere. Made people laugh and showed the team we were getting behind them. A wall of noise, true not a lyrical masterpiece but noise.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Both verses got sung last night. Was good to hear for a change.

There's more than two verses...

Now is the time for marching
Now let your hearts be gay
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me
And I'll sing you a song, as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

For we're the men from Sussex
Sussex by the sea,
We plough and sow and reap and mow,