Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet hands in transfer request (with source)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
In all seriousness I am kind of disappointed we are splashing out on Elliot. We are very well stocked in midfield and by all accounts he does not have the blistering pace (?) I would want from an potential purchase in this position. I would much rather us be going for another striker like Charlie Austin.

Thanks for that addendum, I'll try and remember to give a shit.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
School holidays already? Please support a Kent side and don't embarrass us Brighton supporters please redneck.

Yeah, must be. What are you on, London Blue? I'm pretty sure I'm none of what you seem to think I am. Support a Kent side? I was born in Portslade, my family is 4 generation Brightonian. I'm going to Watford Saturday, how about you message me and we meet up in London and you can explain to me why I'm such an embarrassment to you. For the record I'm 41 and cannot remember the last time I had a school holiday. Want my mobile number then message me?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So IF this is true, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a disgrace is Elliott?

I get what you're saying, but my head says he's a young talented footballer; playing in League 1, hungry for the big-time; in the age of the f***ing AGENT. I know we all hate this situation, but if he's made his mind up he wants out: there's bugger-all The Albion can do - other than to get as much lucre for him as possible.

My heart says it's a grade A disgrace though, particularly as it gives us very little time to bring in reinforcements. At least we still have Gus & Tanno, so let's hope they see the bigger picture & hang about a damned sight longer than than many of the players would (if & when they have a sniff of something apparently better) .

Hey sodding Ho. :shrug:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I get what you're saying, but my head says he's a young talented footballer; playing in League 1, hungry for the big-time; in the age of the f***ing AGENT. I know we all hate this situation, but if he's made his mind up he wants out: there's bugger-all The Albion can do - other than to get as much lucre for him as possible.

My heart says it's a grade A disgrace though, particularly as it gives us very little time to bring in reinforcements. At least we still have Gus & Tanno, so let's hope they see the bigger picture & hang about a damned sight longer than than many of the players would (if & when they have a sniff of something apparently better) .

Hey sodding Ho. :shrug:

What effing proof do you have he's even interested in a move? If I've missed something and he does want a move then I apologise to you, but as he hasn't and he isn't going anywhere then can I just call you a right royal knob? You right royal knob.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would we offer him more money to stay if that's the only reason he'd leave for somewhere we'll be in 6 months time since he's settled here? Or would that set a dangerous presedent?

collins91

Jan 21, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yeah, must be. What are you on, London Blue? I'm pretty sure I'm none of what you seem to think I am. Support a Kent side? I was born in Portslade, my family is 4 generation Brightonian. I'm going to Watford Saturday, how about you message me and we meet up in London and you can explain to me why I'm such an embarrassment to you. For the record I'm 41 and cannot remember the last time I had a school holiday. Want my mobile number then message me?

lol

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It says Oli Johnson to be a Brighton or Udderfield player for 500k.In fact he is on loan to Yeovil. I can't see it myself about the Bennett rumour.

Last edited:

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Bennett leaving wont be a disaster, everyone stop worrying!

When we had LuaLua ripping teams to shreds, did anyone really think Bennett was the soul of the team? Yes he is a quality player but really he's a quality player in a quality team. All these assists come down to the style we play as much as Bennetts ability. Bennetts role is to play the killer ball, I'm sure if we had someone else as good in his position, we'd see a similar sort of influence on the team. I would be so much more gutted if it was Poyet leaving than Bennett and thankfully that isn't the case so we should all be as greatful as we've been this season regardless of where Elliot may be come Febuary. Look at what Noone did for us when coming off the bench on tuesday, how many clubs in our league can have that sort of luxury? These are great times for the club, so great that the lose of Bennett wont be half as devasting as it would of been in previous seasons. I also have a very strong feeling LuaLua will be back as permanent signing which would match the legendary signing of Zamora incomparison to his influence. Like Zamora LuaLua could win us matches alone something which any team at our standard would be dreaming of and yet for us it's a possibilty.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Bennett stay as he does comes across as a very level headed profesional and a consitent performer but remember, its the team who are playing well not just Bennett which is a clear indication we can live without him. If Bennett leaves then I'll be very excited to see what Poyet brings in as a replacement as I'm sure it'll either match or better Bennetts ability. Thats how good Poyet is as a manager, he's an utter genius!
Good times ahead thats all we need to know!
Seagulls!!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
There is this assumption that we will get KLL, I don't see it - there will be loads of teams in for him after his fantastic impact whilst on loan and I think any fee would be massive.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
1) We might not even get LuaLua back on loan again this season.

2) We have no chance of signing him if we don't go up.

3) LuaLua would cost at least 1 million if not more.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Completely disagree. He'd be a huge loss. He's virtually irreplaceable and should be seen as part of the foundation for the club pushing on in the Championship next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here